Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do differently if/when you have another baby?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:24 PM
  • 26 Replies
What would you do differently if/when you have another baby?

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
K.a.C.87
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:28 PM

nothing :)

I am a 22 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, and handsome little man, Bryant Allyn (sucessful VBAC). Loving fiance to Lee. Disposable diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Non-Circumcising, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Quoting K.a.C.87:

nothing :)

That is awesome!!

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

Vandyswife
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:32 PM

I really dont think anything. My DD has been a wonderful baby though... she has slept thourgh the night since 3 weeks.. and shes just a VERY easy child.. she is ten months old now.. I was going to get off of BC at 12 months.. but I am enjoyig life with just her for now :) 

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:34 PM

Do  you mean during the pregnancy and delievery??? I am trusting in my body to do the natural thing. I am also being smart enough to realize that when I am in terrible pain I can't stand up for what is best for me so I have hired a Doula to do just that. I am also not going to the hospital until i am 7-8 cm dialated.

www.cafemom.com/group/TTCorPregnant

JennyJuice
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:11 PM

Theres a lot of things I am doing differently with my second which makes me feel kinda bad for the first lol. Well with lily I couldnt breastfeed long  and this one I refused to quit and have made it successfully 10 weeks breastfeeding with no supplements that makes me very very proud...although with DD it wasnt my fault I couldnt breastfeed lol. With this baby I am cloth diapering which I wish I would have tried with Lily but we wouldnt have had the money with lily anyway but I like it so much better then sposies....im co sleeping with DS although not by choice, I let DS cry more then I did with DD because I now know that crying is not going to kill him. I dont change his diaper as soon as he pees becuase I know he isnt going to break if he sits in pee for 5 min lol. Im just way more experienced this time and way more relaxed so a lot of htings are different. :) but my kids are still happy and healthy so im still doing perfect for my family :D

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
nily
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:59 PM

With my son I please everyone in everything because I understood that was a wanted baby in my hubby's family. I understood the fact that they were excited and wanted to participatie in everything. But then as he was growing up I regreet that when I saw other preggo moms doing cool things THIER way. Example the nursery theme, the furniture, the travel items were choose like they like them, they made the baby shower and other things. After I had my son a few of my friends got preggo and they did and choose everything THEY like and it was so cool. I ended up saying I wish I had... My SIL was WAY too involved, she pick up everything she liked for my son and I let her. But after my son was growing I found her saying the things SHE plan to do for her baby (when she gets preggo) and I feel like she pick up the worse for me because she want to make sure she have the best when her time comes. It even happened with my DS first b-day. I'm preggo again and I already told EVERYONE I want to do things MY WAY this time around and more knowing he is my last baby. I want to choose everything I want, do what I want no matter if others like it or not, I want this baby more close to me. Other things I consider to do not related with what I just said it's that I want to Breastfeed more time my baby, I want to prepare and do things for him myself (like blankets, clothes, booties and other), I want to choose this time everything with the same motive, I want to use the sling to carry my baby around, I'll be clothe diapering, I want to make my OWN baby shower, and plan my kid first b-day the way I think it's best.

Hrivera5
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:02 PM

I would love to have a homebirth next time!  I am planning on it, and its so exciting!  Now all I have to do is get pregnant LOL.... 

NeonGirl9583
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:09 PM

I might try to have a regular birth instead of a c-section.

in loveamerican footballtoddler girlbaby girl

housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Yes, I just wondered if anyone would change how they do things.

Quoting NoraDun:

Do  you mean during the pregnancy and delievery??? I am trusting in my body to do the natural thing. I am also being smart enough to realize that when I am in terrible pain I can't stand up for what is best for me so I have hired a Doula to do just that. I am also not going to the hospital until i am 7-8 cm dialated.

housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:15 PM

aww, Hindsight is 20/20 huh.  I hope you do everything your way this time around!  I kinda feel that way with my house. My mom always likes to help me decorate but she usually ends up picking out and buying things for me. Then my own house doesn't look like it's my taste. I am working on making things reflect who I am.

Quoting nily:

With my son I please everyone in everything because I understood that was a wanted baby in my hubby's family. I understood the fact that they were excited and wanted to participatie in everything. But then as he was growing up I regreet that when I saw other preggo moms doing cool things THIER way. Example the nursery theme, the furniture, the travel items were choose like they like them, they made the baby shower and other things. After I had my son a few of my friends got preggo and they did and choose everything THEY like and it was so cool. I ended up saying I wish I had... My SIL was WAY too involved, she pick up everything she liked for my son and I let her. But after my son was growing I found her saying the things SHE plan to do for her baby (when she gets preggo) and I feel like she pick up the worse for me because she want to make sure she have the best when her time comes. It even happened with my DS first b-day. I'm preggo again and I already told EVERYONE I want to do things MY WAY this time around and more knowing he is my last baby. I want to choose everything I want, do what I want no matter if others like it or not, I want this baby more close to me. Other things I consider to do not related with what I just said it's that I want to Breastfeed more time my baby, I want to prepare and do things for him myself (like blankets, clothes, booties and other), I want to choose this time everything with the same motive, I want to use the sling to carry my baby around, I'll be clothe diapering, I want to make my OWN baby shower, and plan my kid first b-day the way I think it's best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)