Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tire of people asking how I'm doing.

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:37 PM
  • 11 Replies

I just turned 20 weeks today and it seem like everyone has something to say. And everything they say gets on my last nerve. I had one of my co workers say man your getting big, how many months are you. So I told her 5 and she went to say man, you look like your about to pop. I wasn't as big with my kids. It must be what you young ladies drink in the water. What the hell???? I wanted to just pick up my computer moniter and slam it on her head.....Sorry ladies if I am being and angry woman, but it irratates me when people compare me with their own 9 months of being pregnant. Just wanted to vent ladies...sorry!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:39 PM

(((hugs)))))

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

jkmeier8909
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:40 PM

i totally get where you are coming from!! my mother in law (well technically grandmother in law) always tells me i'm getting big. and she always talks to me about how she thinks that girls these days need to lose weight. and that she was back to her normal size only a week after she had every one of her kids. she makes me want to slap her sometimes.

ksm2004
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:44 PM

Quoting jkmeier8909:

i totally get where you are coming from!! my mother in law (well technically grandmother in law) always tells me i'm getting big. and she always talks to me about how she thinks that girls these days need to lose weight. and that she was back to her normal size only a week after she had every one of her kids. she makes me want to slap her sometimes.

So I am not the only one who feels this way? I thought I was insane...I was cool with it at first, but now they just say what they want and don't think about my feelings. It gets nerve wrecking sometimes.

CafeMom Tickers
mrs_patterson
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:56 PM

I totally feel you. Everytime someone would ask me, I'd usually answer with, "Oh, I'm fine." And they would get this horribly shocked look on their face and then literally say something like, "Are you sure? You're not sick? No problems?" Which would just make me want to rip out their vocal cords & strangle them. 
Don't know why it was such a shock to them that I was feeling fine. Now, though, I'll be 35 weeks tomorrow & honestly I'm ready to be done... I'm to that point where I just want it over with & want to hold my baby. So here lately when someone asks, all I have to do is look at them, LOL & they're like, "Oh... you're sick of being pregnant, aren't you?" To which I just want to reply, "Oh no, it's fabulous having to pee every twenty minutes & being split up the middle..."
You're totally not the only one, mama! :)  

Sillylins
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:57 PM

I've been there before hun when I was pregnant. I would have the same people ask me almost everyday. How long did I have, and that I looked like I was going to pop anyday. or I was going to go early ( that one really bugged me) It is annoying unfortunetly it doesn't end people are werid and until you have the baby you'll be asked the same questions and get some rude comments along the way. Just try and ingore them the best you can. After all it's work and those same people hopefully well be giving a gift.

Congrats on your pregnancy, it's the most wonderful time enjoy it, It goes so fast.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:00 PM

yea i would always get so frustrated at my mom whenever she compares me to her pregnancies and deliveries....like she knows exactly how im feeling and such....well she is wrong!  because ive experienced so many other things and our labors have been so different too!  ugh...just really annoying sometimes.

grapejelly
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:14 PM

I'm with you on this.  I don't mind talking pregnacy with people, but when they go on and on about it it gets kind of annoying.. And I'm sick of "how are you feeling?"  I blantantly tell them now how I'm feeling.  Fine, Ok, Awful, etc.  they asked didn't they?

My new thing - if I post on FaceBook that I don't feel good.  My MIL comments on it, what's wrong? Really? I'm pregnant, what do you think is wrong?

CafeMom Tickers

mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:16 PM

i know how you feel!! It really annoys me too but usually only when my mil asks me because i hate her

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               its a boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Baby boy due June 2, 2010

drakesmom2007
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:19 PM

i am sorry,if i could i would give you a hug . I'm 29 weeks and now everyone says wow ur HUGE!!!!!  like they cannot believe it or something or even my husband when his family members ask how I'm doing he will say oh she is so big ,makes me wonder what the heck people are thinking about before they open their mouths.

StarSterling
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:22 PM

I get told how big I am all the time. Last week I was in the cafeteria at the hospital (had to bring someone there) and some guy said "wow, you're about to drop any day now." I just about slapped him!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)