Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What religion will you raise your child(ren)?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:55 PM
  • 14 Replies

Poll

Question: What role will religion play in how you raise your child(ren)?

Options:

My husband and I are of the same religion, and we will raise our child to be religious.

My husband and I are of the same religion, but we do not plan to raise our child to be religious.

My husband and I are of different religions, and we will raise our child my religion.

My husband and I are of different religions, and we will raise our child his religion.

My husband and I are of different religions, and we do not plan to raise our child to be religious.

Neither my husband nor I am religious, and we do not plan to raise our child to be religious.

Other, because there is always an other!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 40

View Results

The Christening poll had me thinking--what religion will you raise your child?  Are you and your husband/SO the same religion, or are you making a decision to raise your child in one religion or another?  Or maybe you are not religious at all?

BTW, for the sake of the poll, if one of you is religious and other isn't, I would call that different religions, since obviously you are not the same.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:57 PM

I am christian and my hubby is atheist.  My kids will be raised christian.

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

Megara
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:12 PM

My husband and I are the same religion--we actually met at church--and our spirituality plays a big role in our life.  We are already raising our daughter with our values and she is active at church.

preggomama26
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:14 PM

My husband and I are both Christian.  Our kids will be raised Christian.  My ex husband is mormon and the kids will be raised Christian with me and my husband.

CafeMom Tickers
crystalchu
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:15 PM

I'm Christian and my hubby is....well he doesn't know what he is lol. Our son is being raised Christian and so will this new baby(and any future children).

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Arnamentia
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:17 PM

DH and I met at youth group in HS. We're Presbyterian, and are kids will be too (unless they choose otherwise when they're older). For now, DD is in the pre-preschool program at church and will go to preschool there, is in nursery every sunday and loves going to all our church events :)

lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

desertwannab
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:18 PM

I voted other ...

My husband is Mormon (but doesn't attend church often now as an adult) and I was raised Christian (but never went to church as a child)

We have had our children blessed in the mormon church, but we plan to be open to both religions until they are older and can choose their own. 

my hubby would prefer mormon, and his family is very pushy... but I've been strong in not letting them go too far

hannamanmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:19 PM

I was raised to choose my own religion-- as long as I believed in God, my parents were happy. My dad is Muslim, my mom Methodist. My husband was raised Baptist and I am more spiritual. I think some sort of religion and spirituality is important in raising our children. We're in agreement when it comes to ethics, morals, etc. so finding a place of worship is not difficult. We tend to go to Methodist or Unitarian churches. 

davidjames07
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:22 PM

dh and I do share the same views. We are christian. We don't belong to a church or belong to a specific religion. We will raise our children that it's their choice if they want to belong to a church or if they choose not to believe at all. My mother is catholic, and my father is baptist (he wasn't saved until he was in his 30s) Both my parents raised us kids to know of Jesus and God, but we weren't forced to attend church when they went, and they allowed us to make our own decisions on religion. I did attend a baptist church for 4 years in high school, my best friends dad was the pastor. I will raise my children to know of God and Jesus, but they can make their own decisions on if they would want to attend church with my parents, or if they would rather not.

Breastfeeding/formula feeding, non-circumcising, vaccinating, co-sleeping, disposable diapering, spanking when needed, forward faced at 1, feed my son whatever he wants in moderation,  Wife to Joey since 01/06, mother to David James since 07/12/07, and pregnant with baby number two due June 7, 2010.

MaMa_Te3
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:22 PM

I'm Christian and hubby is Jewish. Our kids are exposed to both but they're basically being raised Jewish since I work in a Jewish Sunday school.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:24 PM

hubby and i are the same religion and are raising our children in the same faith as us. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)