Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Someone told me they hope I have a miscarriage....

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:56 PM
  • 19 Replies

What would you say to a person that prayed and hoped you would miscarry? All I could say was I am sorry you feel that way and I forgive you. I couldn't wish that on my worst enemy.  What I really wanted to say was much different, but I didn't want to be mean.  I don't know if I am more pissed off or hurt.  I have had two previous miscarriages and it really hit a nerve. 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:58 PM

That is just horrible! You handled it with such class. You should be proud. I wouldn't have been half as nice.

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

marriedmomma3

I would have flipped shit and said something along the lines well i hope you die some horrible death

Dont listen to stupid people

pregnancy

baby

babies
mrs_patterson

*gasp* You have every right to be mean to that person! I would have let loose on them & told them I hope they choked... I'm sorry they said that to you. You're right; I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy either... Good luck & I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy & birth! :) 

Jessicut
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:59 PM

I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. I've had someone who was trying to get pregnant at the same time as me tell me they weren't happy for me once I announced my pregnancy. All I can say is I'm sure it's all just jealousy and I know that karma will come around to everyone who deserves it.

marriedmomma3

half?  nice wouldnt even come close to coming to mind after I was over

Quoting housefullofkidz:

That is just horrible! You handled it with such class. You should be proud. I wouldn't have been half as nice.

pregnancy

baby

babies
mikenmisty

I'd probably explain that i was calling the police now to report the harassing of a pregnant woman. I'm sorry sweetie, people suck sometimes, please try not to let it upset you.

MOMMY2BE0786
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:02 PM

I HAD THIS HAPPEN 2 ME.. HMY FIRST PREGNANCY I TOLD MY FAMILY AND THEY WERE NOT HAPPY FOR ME AT ALL AND PRAYED TO THE LORD ABOVE THAT I WOULD HAVE A MISCARRIAGE AND GUESS WHAT I GUESS THEY ALL PRAYED HARD ENOUGH COZ I HAD ONE AND IT WAS SO PAINFUL.. MY SISTER WAS THE WORST OF THEM ALL SHE SAID RIGHT AWAY EITHER SHE WAS GOING TO PRAY FOR ME TO HAVE GOD TAKE THIS CHILD FROM ME OR I WAS TO HAVE AN ABORTION SO YAH THEY GOT THEIR WISH

BUT IM PREG NOW ABOUT 10 WEEKS AND MY HUBBY AND I DECIDED TO NOT TO SAY A WORD ITS NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS CONSIDERING WHAT HAPPENDED LAST TIME!  :)

ITS A REALY SHAME HOW PEOPLE ARE SO LOW THAT HAVE TO WISH SOMETHING SO HORRIBLE ON YOU..

desertwannab
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:04 PM

That just shows that you are the bigger person!  I think that is one of the worst things anyone could say to a pregnant woman you are strong for handling it so well!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:05 PM

who would say something like that?!  :(  that is just sad and bad.  i prob would have been on fire if someone said that to me.

preggomama26
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:10 PM

I don't think it helps that I am so hormonal either. I have cried a few times, but today I have started to feel better. Everytime I feel my daughter move inside of me it makes me feel better. 

I think partially I was nice because I was in shock.  Granted I know the person that said it and they are not the nicest person anyways and they alway try to say something to hurt me. 

Sorry ladies I guess I just needed to vent.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)