Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No baby help

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:22 PM
  • 10 Replies

I am 5 weeks 1 day and I had my 1st ultrasound today and they could see the gestational sack and the yolk sack but no baby. My levels were still going up good as of 3 days ago. I had another hcg done today but will not get results untill tomorrow. I am scared because this is exactly what happend the last misscarriage and I can't deal with another one it would make 5 and three children. The doctor says if the baby survives this pregnancy it could end my life. I am not going to give up good thoughts that every thing is going to be ok. I am praying that they are all wrong. Has anyone else had this same result at a five week ultrasound and if so how did it turn out?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:23 PM

not i, but i will say a prayer for you that all is well with you and baby.  hugs

MommaRikard
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:48 PM

I've never had this problem specifically, but I have had a very rough pregnancy.  I've been on bedrest for 9 weeks so far.  But I am praying for you and your baby and your family.  Think only positive thoughts and give it over to God...I know that sounds cliche' but it's the truth.  People told me that all the time and I always rolled my eyes about it, but once I did it was the most relieving thing ever.  Bless you and your family.  Keep us posted.

expecting boy

Aus
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:53 PM

I had my first ultrasound at 4 weeks 6 days because they didn't know how far along I was. All it showed was a spot. Nothing that they could distinguish. And they had to do the internal thingy for that much. Don't lose heart mamma. I think maybe your just not far enough, they told me you can't see a heartbeat until 6 or 7 weeks. They did another ultrasound at 9 weeks and I got to see my little peanut bouncing around in my belly. I hope the doctors are wrong and you go through this pregnancy without a problem. I'd be interested to know how this works out for you. In the mean time try not to fret too much. *hug*

pregnancy

LaceyN1121
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:56 PM

At 5 weeks I think that is all they can see is the yolk sack... I hope everything turns out ok for you.

pregnancy calendar
Hisservent
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:58 PM

with my son I had my u/s at 5w6d and all we saw was the sac. You don't usually see the baby til 6 weeks or later. This is the one with my son  

pregnancy week by weekI'm a Christian, 100% prolife, pro vaccin, natural product using, soy candle buring wahm and wife

amy31308
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Ok when I was 5 5 dys weeks I was having some spotting so they sent me to have blood work done and scheduled me for an ultrasound the next week. She said the tech wouldn't even see me because she refuses to see people before 6 weeks since you cant see anything. baby wise. So I went back a week later about and they didn't see any fetal pole. So we waited a week and I went back and then they saw a baby. Turns out I was a week off I ovulated late.

So don't stress. I know its hard not to.. but it is so early to see something :)

in lovetoddler boystork

We're beating the odd's. Married and loving it! July 5, 2008
I love being his mommy! Mason- born March 13, 2008

Expecting our next blessing- Emma Lee- May 30, 2010

having a baby

KaseyUnk
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:16 PM

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. My dr. wouldn't even see me until i was around 8 weeks pregnant. They did an ultrasound at that 1st appointment.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
busymomkristin
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 6:07 AM

Thankyou this helps and I want to thank everyone for thier encouragement and prayers. 

Twinboysmom22
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 7:32 AM

What a few moms have already said.  Usually you don't see the baby this soon yet.  In a week or two you will be able to see the baby.  I went in at 5 weeks, no baby just the yolk sac, then went in at 8 weeks and there she was!!

I will keep you in my thoughts that you have a healthy pregnancy and you will be ok too!!

GoinCrazyInME
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 7:46 AM

When I first found out I was pregnant, this is the exact issue that I had... Just because the sak is there and they can't see the baby doesn't mean that he/she isnt in there developing. My doc said that where they checked me so early (5wks) That all that will show is the sak. By 6wks you could see the baby in there.

Good luck...

expecting girl

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)