Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bleeding During Pregnancy

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:03 PM
  • 6 Replies

Has anyone here every bled(like a normal period) during their first trimester and the pregnancy turn out okay?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LoSavi
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:06 PM

one of my best friend was about 8 wks pregnant and on saturday she started bleeding and went to the E.R. where they confirmed a miscarriage :(  The only time i have heard of bleeding during pregnancy and it not being a miscarriage is when a women has  implantation bleeding but i am not quite sure exactly when that occurs.

mazonmom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:21 PM

I don't have a normal period bleeding, but I do have a subchronic bleed.  I started bleeding pretty heavy around 5.5 weeks and thought I was having a miscarriage, but when I went to the doctor they did an ultrasound and said everything looked find and I have a subchronic bleed.  It is a bleed in the lining of the uterus.  She said as the baby grows I will probabaly experience more bleeding especially during the first trimester, but in 99 percent of the cases it will clear up on its own.  So bleeding doesn't always result in a miscarriage.  I would discuss your bleeding with your doctor and see what is causing it.  Good luck!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:22 PM

i had a friend who did...and all is well!  also a neighbor had her periods still so she didnt know she was preggers...and sure enough she found out she was having a baby at like 8 months along!

Dara0820
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:24 PM

I didn't, but my mom had her period for the first 5 months that she was pregnant with me....and I'm just fine.

pregnancy

Dara

Kydins.Mommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:25 PM

i started bleeding during my first trimester but it wasnt like period blood it was different. come to find out it was the implantation bleeding.

housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:32 PM

I have had tons of bleeding spurts ( like a period) in one of my pregnancy's. Everything turned out just fine.

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)