Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

comments i am SO tired of hearing....

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:05 PM
  • 25 Replies

I really love being pregnant. I do. But once you are in your final weeks, there are some things that you just get tired of hearing. EVERYDAY I hear these at least 5 times each:

When are you due?

You look like you are ready to pop

Are you ready for this baby? (Noooo.....i just like to look like im not)

is it twins?

Is it a boy/girl?

Dont get me wrong, i love that people are interested in me & my baby but day in and day out, when all you are trying to do is make it to your due date, oy vey....

anyone else? what are you tired of hearing??

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:34 PM

yea sometimes those questions get really old esp to the ppl you have already told those answers too!  i couldnt stand the one always "are you ready for a baby?"

SpiritedTigress
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:39 PM

Lol, yes! I was tired of MIL asking me, "How ya' feelin'?" She had 8 kids, she knew damn well how I was "feelin'". It was Las Vegas heat in August (the hottest month here, it got up to 120 degrees!), I wanted that baby out of there!
Actually, I kindof hated any pregnancy attention that last month. I stayed away from my CMGroups just so I didnt have to talk about it.

I'm sorry Mama. It'll be over soon. Then you'll be hearing a whole new set of questions every day.

tdenotter
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:46 PM

I totally understand!

I also hate the "how are you feeling"  "getting uncomfortable" "starting to waddle already hey" or "don't do that or carry that you're pregnant"

I just feel like screaming leave me along! I am not handicapped I am pregnant!

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie

new baby

Gender PredictionGet your own gender prediction!
accdmj
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:51 PM

honestly, at this point its my husband driving me nuts...he wont even let me carry grocerys in from the car....some of it i guess i understand but the most hell give me is the bread.....lol

cartersmommy407
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:52 PM

what aboud its almost over or it will be over b/4 you know it!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
penguinbabe44
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Yes, I get tired of all the comments too. Especially when I'm trying to look around the store and relax with my thoughts of my baby. So many silly people stop and say 'oooh, you okay' and I want to just say shut up and let me waddle. It's none of your business because if I wasn't okay I wouldn't be walking around the store and they would really know if something was the matter. Then they will ask some dumb things like 'I bet that's a boy' and I say no it's a girl. Then they try to argue with me that it's a boy because of my stomach being so round. I would know the gender of my baby more than what they will ever know. Ugh, it's just so many things that they say and are very nosy and like to stare. I don't go up to pregnant women and question them when I wasn't pregnant. I never have because it never crossed my mind. I think it's kind of nosy and rude unless they start up a conversation with you.

One dude asked 'can I touch' and I just walked off.

CafeMom Tickers
lildragonfly923
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:58 PM

I am a receptionist for a car dealer and have at least 15 if not more people ask me everyday how I am feeling.  It's nice to know they care, but come on if I am smiling and look alright leave me be!!  I also hate when people get on me about what I am eating.  Since I have been pregnant I have not been eating too many sweets, just don't want them. Well, if I decide to get a candy bar people start yelling at me that its not good. I just want to say leave me the F alone! 

CafeMom Tickers
iamcafemom83
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:06 PM

yup....same here with things i eat....one girl at work (she just had a baby too!) always nags me when I have something sweet, or god forbid a bit of a soda. get over it people!

Quoting lildragonfly923:

I am a receptionist for a car dealer and have at least 15 if not more people ask me everyday how I am feeling.  It's nice to know they care, but come on if I am smiling and look alright leave me be!!  I also hate when people get on me about what I am eating.  Since I have been pregnant I have not been eating too many sweets, just don't want them. Well, if I decide to get a candy bar people start yelling at me that its not good. I just want to say leave me the F alone! 

iamcafemom83
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:08 PM

Quoting penguinbabe44:

Yes, I get tired of all the comments too. Especially when I'm trying to look around the store and relax with my thoughts of my baby. So many silly people stop and say 'oooh, you okay' and I want to just say shut up and let me waddle. It's none of your business because if I wasn't okay I wouldn't be walking around the store and they would really know if something was the matter. Then they will ask some dumb things like 'I bet that's a boy' and I say no it's a girl. Then they try to argue with me that it's a boy because of my stomach being so round. I would know the gender of my baby more than what they will ever know. Ugh, it's just so many things that they say and are very nosy and like to stare. I don't go up to pregnant women and question them when I wasn't pregnant. I never have because it never crossed my mind. I think it's kind of nosy and rude unless they start up a conversation with you.

One dude asked 'can I touch' and I just walked off.

lol.....

and at least the dude asked...with my dd, i had at least 2 people, complete strangers, come up and start rubbing my belly.....awkward!

brianahernandez
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:09 PM

I'm tired of making a comment about "future baby" and people ask if I'm TRYING to have a baby........this was when I was 40 weeks with DD1.............   I ask those questions (some) that you put up, to pregnant women when I talk to them...I guess I ddin't realize it was so annoying...feel bad now.

Our Princess Isabelle....our precious goofball!!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)