Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young, pregnant, and scared.

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:06 PM
  • 5 Replies

I'm roughly 7 months pregnant (28 weeks) and I've been having those fake contractions...I think they're called Braxton Hicks...I'm really worried that baby Nia will be here before April and me being only 20 years old and without any knowledge about labor and pregnancy;; I'm scared to death about having her pre-mature... Is there any one that can give me advice about this??

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:11 PM

hugs!!!  just stay aware of your body and it all is going to be okay!  if your braxton hicks contractions are being regular, it is important to call your doctor.  but just hang in there...the bh contractions are perfectly normal to have and it doesnt mean that you are going to go into premature labor either. 

sissychristi
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:58 PM

I am almost 30 weeks and have been having Braxton Hicks since my first trimester. There is no ause for concern unless the contractions come at intervals that can be timed and get closer together.

Braxton Hicks contractions are your body's way of practicing for labor and strengthening the uterus so you can get through labor without the unterine muscles becoming exhausted.

I hope all goes well and think you will be just fine. Always post your questions if you have any worries. We have a lot of experienced mommas here who can help put your mind at ease.

racang
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:53 PM

I have been getting the Braxton Hicks since about 15 weeks now and I am 27 weeks now......with my youngest dd I had BH since about 20 weeks and at around 30 weeks I started to get them more frequently at night pretty much every night and I had her at 37 weeks and some days, just because you have the BH that you can feel doesn't mean you will go into preterm labor, just relaxe, if they become more intense but not painfull than just sit down for a while and put your feet up but don't stress over it....if you are concerned than talk to your doctor, they will help ease your fears.

Pregnancy ticker

Chrissy9479
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:17 PM

try not to worry. I just had my baby full term, and had BH contractions since about 28 weeks too. they got stronger and a little more painful the closer I got to having him. He came on his due date after I went to the hospital 3 times in false labor. the BH are completely normal and will come and go alot better now and the time you deliever.  good luck and feel free to ask any questions you have. there are a lot of mommys here with good advice and info!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:24 PM

They are very normal to have. Try not to worry.I had my 1st at 19 and started having Braxton hicks quite early too but she came right on her due date. Good luck!

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)