Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your doctor threw cold water on you during labor?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:06 PM
  • 28 Replies

What would you do if a doctor threw cold water on you during labor and told you to shut up because he's mad and having a bad day. Then slings the baby around all rough and not doing what he is supposed to because he is mad. I would smack the crap out of him. I'm scared my doctor is going to do that if it's not my OB who normally gives my check ups. She does birthing during the day and I think I may end up in labor during the night. I'm scared of this for some reason.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaceyN1121
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:08 PM

IF that actually happened he would have to deal with my husband.... With my first my OB didn't deliver and i liked the doctor that delivered my daughter better than I did my OB.

pregnancy calendar
housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:08 PM

I don't think a doctor would do that. Have you heard of this doctor doing it to someone else before?

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

Armywife6
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:10 PM

If that actually happened I would have a lawsuit against me for domestic violence because that would piss me off to no end. I hope this doesn't happen to you.

expecting baby toddler boy ~~~ The kind of woman who doesn't have to defend my views, & or parenting style~~

momof2kiddos79
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:12 PM

That would be a lawsuit!!!

CheyanneW

Yikes!  I would hope that whoever this doc did that to reported him!  If this happened to me the only thing I would need to worry about would be bailing my hubby out of jail for beating on the doc.  I was not delivered by the doc I saw through my pregnancy either time and everything went fine each time. 

MarigoldsMama

The doctor would be reported to the medical board. That is totally unacceptable behavior in a medical setting.

With my 1st, I ended up with the On-Call OB because my regular Dr. was out of town. I actually liked the On-Call Doc so much that I switched to him for my next two pregnancies. He pretty much guarantees that he'll be there for delivery -- he's only missed a few in his entire career. With my last baby, he gave me his private # because he knew I'd be laboring at home as long as possible.

Is there a rough, unprofessional doctor in the practice where you go? That would be enough for me to change care providers.

CafeMom Tickers
Ati_13
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:13 PM

Quoting penguinbabe44:

What would you do if a doctor threw cold water on you during labor and told you to shut up because he's mad and having a bad day. Then slings the baby around all rough and not doing what he is supposed to because he is mad. I would smack the crap out of him. I'm scared my doctor is going to do that if it's not my OB who normally gives my check ups. She does birthing during the day and I think I may end up in labor during the night. I'm scared of this for some reason.

Most women DO labor during the night and deliver sometime in the wee hours of the morning.  Just the natural cycle of things.

I have to ask... what's the point of being a BIRTH DOCTOR if you won't attend births at night?  Uhhh... you're supposed to be there for your patients.  I wouldnt put up with that schedule from a doctor.  God I love midwives lol.

Aus
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:14 PM

I think there would be a good chance of me comming up off the bed after that doctor.

pregnancy

penguinbabe44
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:15 PM

Quoting housefullofkidz:

I don't think a doctor would do that. Have you heard of this doctor doing it to someone else before?

No, but I hear that some doctors get frustrated when they aren't even the ones having the baby. They will say rude things that I would just end up cussing them out. I can't stand for someone to tell me something rude or start rushing me. Like once a doctor pressed extra hard on my stomach when I was 20 weeks pregnant when he was wiping off the ultrasound gel. I could have knocked all his teeth down his throat. I'm scared I will end up with a doctor that's rude and I will go off.

CafeMom Tickers
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:20 PM

i would tell him be better be watching for legal action i would be taking against him.  and my hubby and doula would be there as witnesses.  i hope that never happens!

off this topic, but i still remember my sister telling me that before her c-section with her first baby, she sat the doc down by her bed and went through everything with her and basically said if something goes wrong...the doc is in trouble.  lol.  i think my sis regrets scaring the doc so bad, but i guess it was her first baby too. she could tell she was extra careful with stuff too.  and my sister questions her tiredness level, how her sleep was the night before, etc....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)