Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Buying a house and being pregnant

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:07 PM
  • 6 Replies

Well we are in the process of trying to buy a house. Well we are supposedly pre qualified to buy a house and now all of a sudden they want us to get 12 months of payments from bills we have like sprint, xcel and comcast. Why do they want that and wouldnt you think they would want payment history from previous renters that weve rented from. Well if anyone knows any information let me know. I know its not about pregnancy are kids but if i could get any information. Im 29 weeks pregnant and would just like to get settled before the baby comes sorry if this sounds corny are retarted.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
cmb121906
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:09 PM

That's normal and they wanted that same kind of info from us. They want multiple sources to see your payment history.

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown

Click for more info!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:14 PM

they probably want those because they can affect your credit history.  getting a loan is a crazy process these days with the economy, so they are probably just making sure all is okay with your bills.  as far as other renters, not all renters do credit checks or post if you were late on a payment and such.  so they may find that not irrelevant to them.  good luck with the house!!!  :)  how exciting!

Sweetness615
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:26 PM

My husband & I are in the process of buying a new home too. We were going to finance through the place where we were buying the home & they wanted any kind of bills that I could find or receipts. I thought it was crazy at first too but they said it's to look at your payment history & it would help my credit as far as helping me get a lower interest rate. I never done this b/c my husband owns property & he just went to the bank & put up 5 acres for collateral & we got a really low interest rate. It seems like it's taking forever. I thought surely within 2 wks we would have our new home & be moved in but oh no we've been waiting for about 2 months & still have a few more wks to go. Good luck & Congrats!

housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:42 PM

I don't know. I just wanted to say how exciting that you are trying to buy a house!! Can we see pics?

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

jockswimmer2010
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:02 PM

Well its a manufactured home but its a house too us. We are very young 24 years old and going on are 3rd. So we want to buy something that we could build are equity up with and go around and sell are rent out in 5 years and then buy a house. Well I will deffinately post pictures when are if we get it. Well thanks guys, I feel a little better i guess i just need to be patient and when we get it we get and if we dont we dont. Its all in time i guess you guys are saying. Thanks alot.

rileysmommy229
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:20 PM

yes same here...we just closed on our house in august and they wanted all kinds of different things...trust me, they will not sell a house to just anyone! lol

Quoting cmb121906:

That's normal and they wanted that same kind of info from us. They want multiple sources to see your payment history.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)