Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this seem like over kill to anyone else?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:11 PM
  • 6 Replies

My OB wants me to do NST's 2x a week till I have him (I'm 34w1d). Her reason is because I have asthma & seizures. I have been seizure free since Oct. 08 & as long as I take my meds (which I do, religiously) my asthma doesn't act up. I understand that it's precaution but he's a very active baby & if I notice he isn't moving/kicking etc. I call (haven't had to but will if I have to). I go back to her on Wed. & I'm gonna tell her I don't mind doing them 1x a week or every other week. If there is a problem then I'll go in for another one that week but to me it just seems a little over kill. Does that seem reasonable to anyone else?

expecting baby toddler boy ~~~ The kind of woman who doesn't have to defend my views, & or parenting style~~

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LaceyN1121
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:12 PM

ummm does what seem like over kill? The sweetpea things not at all...

pregnancy calendar
ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:14 PM

Are you meaning your siggy?? Nope, it doesn't.

Quoting LaceyN1121:

ummm does what seem like over kill? The sweetpea things not at all...

jjessers
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:16 PM

lol...I have siggy's turned off....so i don't see it. I didn't realise what you were talking about until I read the 2 replies. 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:31 PM

i dont know...i guess i would talk to your doctor as to why so frequent and if there would be any other way to monitor the baby without having to come into the office so often. 

Armywife6
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:35 PM

Sorry...no I meant does it seem like overkill to have me do 2 NST's for the next possibly 6weeks or so? Or do you think I'm justified in asking her to cut them down to once a week or so? Sorry for the confusion.

expecting baby toddler boy ~~~ The kind of woman who doesn't have to defend my views, & or parenting style~~

housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:37 PM

I would rather be safe than sorry. In this case I would go the 2x a week. Sorry hun.

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)