Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 weeks and very anxious

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:39 PM
  • 4 Replies

So I will be 20 weeks tomorrow. We go for our big u/s in the afternoon and I am really excited. But I am also getting very anxious to start shopping and getting the baby's room ready. Of course we can't really start shopping til we know what it is. lol. If it's a boy, I won't have to buy clothes because we already have a son and I have a nephew and 2 friends who have boys. I do need to get some things like washcloths, new monitors, oversized crib sheets (cause the crib is from babeetenda and it's longer than the average crib), evenflo comfy nipples (for the bottles I already have), storage for breastmilk and bottles to fit the pump that I have, new rug for the bedroom (if it's a girl) and of course diapers, wipes and all that good stuff. I am going to try to reuse what I can to help save money. I don't plan on getting a new diaper bag, changing pad, or even crib set (if it's a boy). I will however get new changing pad covers though. I can use my son's carrier and stroller, still in good condition. I have a swing, high chair, and jumper. But I think I will get a bouncy seat for this baby. Just for something else to sit in.

I am just so ready to start shopping but I want to be careful too. When I hit 30 weeks, I am going to start buying a pack of diapers when I go grocery shopping to start stocking up. I'll get whatever is on sale that week, but not store brand (we use those later on when they are not peeing so much lol) As for wipes, I'll be making my own so I can wait on those.

I won't be having a shower for this baby because usually someone from church throws the showers but they only do it for the first baby. And I don't have any friends really outside of church that want to throw me one. lol That's why I will be doing the shopping, and probably the g-mas too. :-)

Anyone else this anxious and excited so early?

pregnancy week by weekI'm a Christian, 100% prolife, pro vaccin, natural product using, soy candle buring wahm and wife

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:43 PM

have fun at your u/s tommorow!!  im 19 weeks and some days and i cant wait to go shoppping for the baby!  if it is a boy, im going ot have my work cut out for me as i have two girls already.  sure i will get some hamidowns...but im going to need to do a lot of prep so the boy doesnt get stuck with pink items!  :)  im axious too just like you are to get things going and shopping!  i told my hubby already that once we get the gender confirmation next week...im taking a trip to the outlet mall about an hr away to do a lil shoppin!

Hisservent
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:45 PM

yeah if it's a girl, I do have some unisex stuff like onesies and blankets, which i do intend to use. I'm gonna go through all my son's stuff once we know.

We're going to get a mattress this weekend for our son's twin bed. We are planning on moving him upstairs and out of his toddler bed so we can convert it back to the crib. I want to move him up there with his stuff before I ge too pregnant to be moving furniture.

Quoting meam4444:

have fun at your u/s tommorow!!  im 19 weeks and some days and i cant wait to go shoppping for the baby!  if it is a boy, im going ot have my work cut out for me as i have two girls already.  sure i will get some hamidowns...but im going to need to do a lot of prep so the boy doesnt get stuck with pink items!  :)  im axious too just like you are to get things going and shopping!  i told my hubby already that once we get the gender confirmation next week...im taking a trip to the outlet mall about an hr away to do a lil shoppin!

pregnancy week by weekI'm a Christian, 100% prolife, pro vaccin, natural product using, soy candle buring wahm and wife

doulala
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Are you interested in cloth diapering?   

Just as a woman’s heart knows,

How and when to pump,

Her lungs to inhale,

And her hand to pull back from fire,

So she knows when and how to give birth.

- Virginia Di

ICAN

Hisservent
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:50 PM

not really. I mean I have thought about it, even with my first. But the amount of washing kind of defeats the purpose of trying to save money....imo.

Quoting doulala:

Are you interested in cloth diapering?   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)