Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's a Girl! Lily Ann Debuts on her Due Date

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:46 PM
  • 8 Replies

Lily Ann was born at 5:12 a.m. on Jan. 22, 2010. She weighed 6lbs, 7 oz. and measured 18.5 inches long.

L&D wasn't how we planned, but it was perfect for her. I was admitted to the hospital Thursday morning for a gentle induction using prostaglandin gel. The baby's head had been right on the cervix for months, but my cervix wasn't dilating past a 1. By 11 p.m., labor had kicked into gear. My water broke on its own at 2 a.m. on the 22nd, and Lily was here in one gigantic push at 5:12 a.m.

She came so fast that the nurse had to deliver her. The OB residents walked in just to clamp the cord. My doctor arrived after I had delivered the placenta and in time to do the cleanup.

We're very excited to meet our little girl!

Just born!

Lily loves her Moby

Ready to go home

Tonya, California

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Hisservent
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:48 PM

congrats mommy! I still have at least 20 more weeks to go before I can hold my little one.

She's beautiful 

pregnancy week by weekI'm a Christian, 100% prolife, pro vaccin, natural product using, soy candle buring wahm and wife

abootie
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:04 PM

OMG!!! She's beautiful! I just had my daughter January 6th and we brought her home in the same OUTFIT!!!! HAHA That's funny. Congrats and enjoy ur bundle of JOY!!=)

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

BaBiiMaMa89
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Congrats, she's a gorgeous lil girl! =). oh btw i love your nails =))

I am a 20 year old, Mommy to 3 beautiful babies, Javier Brandon (7-8-06), Karina Adriana (8-8-08), and Christian Juan (10-20-09). I am a Vaxing, Spanking when necessary, Breast Feeding, Previous formula feeding, disposable diaper using, c-sectioned 3X, as long as my kids are happy, I'm happy kinda mama :)

JennaFoix
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:18 PM

awww congrats!!! lil girls are sooo fun.!!!

housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 1:53 AM

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

Firsttimemom252
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 11:01 AM

Congrats! She a cutie

CafeMom Tickers
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 11:39 AM

congrats!  you have a sweet little girl!  i love her going home outfit!

crazyt1020
by on Jan. 28, 2010 at 6:30 PM

Thanks, everyone!!! I can't believe how in love I am with her! I just want to stare at her all the time!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)