Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby shower question?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:46 PM
  • 7 Replies

I only found out I'm pregnant less than a week ago but I have been thinking about something that my MIL mentioned to me. This is my 3rd baby by the way. I was telling her that whether its a good or boy either is perfect b/c I already have clothes for either and she said "yeah but their clothes are already outdated". She said each baby deserves its "own" things. I agree with her. So this being my 3rd, would it be wrong to be thinking about having a baby shower? About a month ago I have my brother in law EVERYTHING baby I had. Stroller, papasan, carrier, boppy, bumbo, carseat, clothes, diapers, monitor, and exersaucer. Then I find out I'm pregnant. My husband and I are in a pretty good financial situation. Well better than we were before. My question is: is it wrong to be thinking about throwing a baby shower? I know I will probably get a rash of shit for this but I am asking... thanks ladies. 

Photobucket

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:49 PM

I believe every baby should be celebrated. How is it any different than having birthday parties every year?  I say have the shower. Each child is special!

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

MarigoldsMama
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:09 PM

I'm pregnant with my 3rd and my aunt and cousin are throwing a shower for me. This is my 1st boy though, so I have no boy things at all.

Is your MIL the one that is going to be throwing the shower?  In my opinion, it is okay if someone decides to throw a shower for you ... but I wouldn't throw one for myself. KWIM?

CafeMom Tickers
callalily417
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:13 PM

I completely agree. I don't get the stupid etiquette crap I read about on here. I know every time a family member tells me they are pregnant I am excited. I would buy gifts for each because each one is special.

Quoting housefullofkidz:

I believe every baby should be celebrated. How is it any different than having birthday parties every year?  I say have the shower. Each child is special!

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:16 PM

i think it would fine to have a baby shower for this baby!  what better reason to celebrate than a baby!  so have fun!  :)

iamcafemom83
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:18 PM

well, this is our 2nd and i have not had a single shower. my dd is 2. no one offered to throw one and  i wasn't going to throw one for myself, since our kids are close together. i felt funny asking for another shower with our kids being somewhat close together (we still have most of the gear). but, if its been a couple years since you've had your last, i say go for it. theres no wrong way to go about it :)

hannamanmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:19 PM

I completely agree!

Quoting housefullofkidz:

JenMommyof2
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:30 PM

thanks ladies. i feel better about my thoughts. :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)