• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Painting the nursery need ideas please!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:51 PM
  • 10 Replies

We are gonna paint the nursery a light purple, we were wanting to somehow put pink in there too but we have no ideas on how to do that, does anyone have any really cute ideas or pictures that we could go off of?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mvines1021
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:54 PM

No pics...I'm having a boy...but before I found out it was a boy I did a lot of thinking about a girl nursery! lol  We are doing a boarder at chair rail height with white on top and a light blue on bottom.  If it was a girl the theme was going to be butterflies...you can get a pink and purple boarder and matching window valances or curtains.

housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Pink flowers or butterflies would be adorable. Or maybe a little pink bird :-)

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

kltaylor07
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:58 PM

i think i've decided to do stripes.  not vertical ones though, horizontal ones...and THICK horizontal ones.  like probably 2.5-3 feet... depends on how it will lay out on the walls.  then i'm just going to add the accent color & white in the bedding, wodden letters (maybe), and accessories, not in paint.  that way it won't be so IN YOUR FACE and too much color.  this way i can also go ahead and paint before i know the sex because i'll do a green color then add in pink or blue!  ha. 

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:00 PM

That was my first thought.. Well the flowers, but butterflies would be CUTE too! I'm not much of a painter so I tend to just go for solid colors and then accent the room w/furniture..

Quoting housefullofkidz:

Pink flowers or butterflies would be adorable. Or maybe a little pink bird :-)

callalily417
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:04 PM

We're having a boy and the room is green. Then I painted arygle onto the walls above the crib and the dresser.

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

Ambereno144
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:04 PM

Here are some pics I found on google. You can just replace the colors they used with purple and pink. Or you can paint the room purple and use pink as accent colors for shelves, her name, picures, etc.

catiekins
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:06 PM

Well im not sure about putting pink in there and my DS room is blue not purple but heres an idea for nursery that is really cute and they can grow into it too! With my sons room we had taken the same color but one was flat and one was latex. We used the latex and did all the walls (easeir to clean) Then we took the flat blue and put stripes down the wall until about 3 feet from the floor. Then put chair railing around the walls. If very slight but it gives it that little bit of extra flare!

Mother to an adorable red headed, blue eyed boy and wife to a man who loves me more than I ever dreamed possible! They are my heart and soul and they make me what I am today!pregnancy week by weekCatie

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:50 PM

for my girls room, im going to get that pearl paint and i have stencils and stampers to add some wall decoration with a different color.  you could try something like that in pink.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:52 PM

i forgot to add, i went to Home Depot and picked up the Disney girl room ideas by the paint swatches.  they have given me quite a few ideas on color schemes and pictures.

nadyacaskay
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:12 PM

I don't know if you have looked on this site before.  It has the cutest baby nurseries and kids bedrooms.  It is called Ohdeedoh.  You should check it out to get some ideas for your nursery.  My husband and I got the best ideas for our baby's nursery.  Here is the website. 

http://www.ohdeedoh.com/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)