Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My aunt said she is not attending my shower...please help

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:57 PM
  • 6 Replies

So my mom and my aunt got into this huge fight, well I still want her to come to my shower but she said she wouldnt. Why does she have to be so immature. This is about ME AND THE BABY. Not my mom or her. My mom said that she wouldnt say or do anything bad. I dont understand why they just cant keep to themselves for my SO and I. This kind of hurts me. What should I say to her, like heart to heart. I just think this is high school drama shit and Im sick of it. You would think they would be adults about this. And now my aunt is making this about her when the shower is for the baby and I. I do want to say something to her that may make her reconsider.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:59 PM

im sorry about your mom and aunt!  how frustrating!  i guess i would just tell your aunt that it would mean so much to you if she came and how she doesnt have to interact with your mom if she doesnt want to.  im sorry this happened!

sparklebug86
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:01 PM

the same thing happened when I was pregnant with my son except it was because my step dad was coming and my aunt hates him. I also thought it was stupid and childish. I wish I had said something but I didnt....

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Marah2008
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:09 PM

BUMP!

housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:12 PM

I am so sorry. That sucks. I hope she changes her mind!

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

iamcafemom83
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:13 PM

when is your shower? maybe enough time will pass between now and then for her to cool off a bit and come back down....hopefully!

Marah2008
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:21 PM

BUMP

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)