Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your favorite cake recipe?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:58 PM
  • 11 Replies

I want to bake a cake but I don't know what kind of cake to make. Cake doesn't even really sound good to me right now but I like baking. Do you have a favorite cake recipe?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heavensdaughter
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:02 PM

This is so easy and probably not even fair because it is from a mix.  Love to say my favorite was one of the fancier ones but no.  I am in love with this!

Poke Cake:

Make a white cake from box.  Make a package of jello (whatever flavor but I like strawberry)  Let each cool for 1/2 hr in fridge.  Poke the cake all over with a toothpick and spoon the jello over the cake.  Refirdgerate for at least an hour.  Then frost with whipped cream and fresh fruit! 

This is so delicious you can't even believe it! 

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:13 PM

When it comes to cakes I always go for the mixes from the box b/c I SUCK at baking from scratch.. :o)

I love Pillsbury's Devil's Food Chocolate Cake mix.. It's SO yummy and not too heavy on the chocolate..

veganimal
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:19 PM

I grew up on this cake and loved it! My mom would always make it for my birthday cause it was my favorite. I'm a vegetarian now though so no jello for me but now you've got me craving it lol. Next time I go to the health food store I'm going to look for a vegetarian jello, I think I've seen some before.

Quoting heavensdaughter:

This is so easy and probably not even fair because it is from a mix.  Love to say my favorite was one of the fancier ones but no.  I am in love with this!

Poke Cake:

Make a white cake from box.  Make a package of jello (whatever flavor but I like strawberry)  Let each cool for 1/2 hr in fridge.  Poke the cake all over with a toothpick and spoon the jello over the cake.  Refirdgerate for at least an hour.  Then frost with whipped cream and fresh fruit! 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:24 PM

yum...im so hungry right now!

Quoting heavensdaughter:

Poke Cake:

JHall
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:32 PM

I got this one off my FIL it's a milky way cake and yep you guessed it.  Get a bag of the mini milky way bars and some chocolate cake mix with some chocolate icing.  mix the cake mix up as usual then add the whold bag of mini milky way bars and make sure to mix it up well so they spread out evenly then bake as usual. Once cooled add the icing.   I so love this cake

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!
heavensdaughter
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:03 PM

Quoting veganimal:

I grew up on this cake and loved it! My mom would always make it for my birthday cause it was my favorite. I'm a vegetarian now though so no jello for me but now you've got me craving it lol. Next time I go to the health food store I'm going to look for a vegetarian jello, I think I've seen some before.

Quoting heavensdaughter:

Poke Cake:

In my original recipe it calls for two round cakes with a layer of those frozen sweetened strawberries (thawed).  I wonder what would happen if you used those as a substitute for the jello?  Might be too wet but I would think worth a try.  Sounds yummy to me.  Or maybe drain the juice from them and add a little thickener... cornstarch?  You could always experiment if you can't find a geletin substitute.

Mommyathome2
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:23 PM

I don't have a recipe, but my friend makes this strawberry cake w/ cream cheese frosting and it is sooooooo good!!!  Very moist and rich.  I want some now!

cms52006
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:27 PM

If you like coffee creamers.. I have a recipe for you!!

take a white or yellow cake mix.. add the amount of eggs and oil it calls for.. on the water part.. take 1/2-3/4 of the water and substitute it with liquid coffee creamer..Something very flavorful!!!  Then add rest of the water.. Mix and place ina 13x9 pan.. Take chocolate syrup and/or more coffee creamer drizzle over top and bake as directed... No frosting needed... VERY YUMMY!!!

CafeMom Tickers
veganimal
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:42 PM

MMMMMM!! All of these sound so yummy. I didnt have any cake mix or anything so I just ended up making a simple white cake with strawberry frosting. I can wait til its done. I also cant wait to try some of these recipes, the coffee creamer one and the milky way one sound really good right now.

Megara
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:51 PM

I think I will make the coffee creamer one tomorrow!  I have chocolate and vanilla cake mixes and a huge thing of French Vanilla Coffeemate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)