• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Knew that would happen!!!!! UPDATE IN BLUE

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:08 PM
  • 10 Replies

Sort of... I posted earlier about calling the doc and how because I just switched dr's I didn't want to go to L&D and anyone who has been reading some of my earlier posts you know about how the L&D nurses here are sanctimonious pains in the A$$. Well when I called earlier they said to come in I told them I couldn't until about 4 because I had to wait for someone to drive me and to be here with my 3yr old. They said to come in then, well I was worried because shift change is at 3 and I called  at about 2. My favorite nurse was the one I talked to but I knew she would be off at 3. Well I was right about the shift change. One of the other nurses called at like quarter to 4 and said I didn't need to go in they just refilled my procardia. UMMM OK??? This is the same nurse who was so rude last time. Next shift change is at 7 so If I cant get the contractions to stop and the back pain continues or gets any worse I will go in then.

So I did end up going in, When we called back at 7 for shift change I was so upset and in so much pain that I didn't want to talk on the phone so I made my mom talk to them. She managed to convey to them that I did need to be seen, that I was in pain and that I was tired of being made to feel like I was wasting people's time. When I got there, they put me in a private room instead of the triage room, and this time they put the monitor lower because apparently the top of my uterus doesn't contract right (there goes my vbac option lol) We told the nurse how I had been treated in the past and she told me that that was wrong and she apologized for her fellow nurses, she told me to fill out a complaint form (didn't know they had one). The monitor was picking up contractions but they were very irregular, I would have like 6 that were a few minutes apart and then go a half hour without another one. I actually saw a dr. He had come in to see another patient who had fallen on the ice and he decided to see me too as long as he was there. He's not my regular dr but he was very thourough and ordered extra tests because my back was hurting so bad, Everything came back normal, they did an ultrasound and did a bio on the baby, he got a perfect score they said. and he is now head down (Yay!) they also measured my cervix and it was still long and thick so no worries there. The fetal fibernectin came back negative and my labs came back normal so they aren't really sure what is causing the back pain unless its just stress from the contractions. The only thing that baffles me is at my last ultrasound 2 weeks ago my cervix was open to about a one, now its not. Can your cervix begin to dialate and then close again??? All in all I am very happy with the way things went last night and My doc wants to see me tomorrow but he said if I feel like that again before tomorrow morning to go right back to L&D. They had me take some Tylenol 3 for the back pain and I was able to sleep last night. So thats the update! I am having contractions and my back hurts but everything is still good with baby so I am just trying to relax and not worry.

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:15 PM

UGH!  At least she filled your prescription.

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:20 PM

awe im sorry!  i hope the shift change brings in better nurses!

lmurphy22
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:23 PM

I hope that the good nurses are on tonight there are a few that are WONDERFUL. the rest suck.

CafeMom Tickers

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:31 PM

i sure hope so too

Quoting lmurphy22:

I hope that the good nurses are on tonight there are a few that are WONDERFUL. the rest suck.

lmurphy22
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 2:22 PM

Bump for update

CafeMom Tickers

housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 2:25 PM

I am glad everything is good with the baby. And thank goodness you got better care this time around!!

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

sissychristi
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 2:25 PM

I am glad all is well. And, yes, it is perfectly normal to dilate and then contract again. This is another reason why checking for dilation and effacement before active labor is, for lack of a better word, useless. It can fluctuate for many reasons.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 2:27 PM

oh good!  im happy you went in and that the nurse actually apologized for her colleages.  also, im happy the doc who you had was good also.  sounds like you were in good hands.  i've never heard of a cervix closing unless they were measuring a little less than one and just said you werent measuring at all.  versus when the last person measured they rounded up?  well i hope things stay quiet so you dont have to go back in before your appt

lmurphy22
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 2:37 PM

Thank you guys for all your support!!!

CafeMom Tickers

JHall
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 4:27 PM

I am glad everything is ok and that you got someone that is good to you and caring.  That is my biggest fear.  My first the midwives didn't care and really didn't answer any of my Q's. I loved the second place I was at till they sent me to another office due to me and baby being high risk and baby having a defect.  That place just didn't care what was wrong with me or baby they even stopped my labor and sent me home a 2 hour drive with a drive back if it starts again.  I was 4cm when they checked me before  I went home LOL  I didn't have me baby there I went to where I was suppose to go in the first place.  now I am going back to the ones I know care about me and the baby.

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)