Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cramping and back pain....

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:30 PM
  • 9 Replies

I don't know if its from stressing out and worrying, but I have been cramping in my lower abdomen and my lower back is killing me. Is it anything to worry about? I feel her moving around.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:32 PM

do you think they are contractions or is it just a constant pain?  i could be her position, but you are still pretty early for the baby to be pushing on you too hard.  if it keeps up, you may want to call your doc.  hope it gets better!

preggomama26
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Its kind of constant and th cramps go down my legs like mentral cramps.  My back pain is constant. 

Quoting meam4444:

do you think they are contractions or is it just a constant pain?  i could be her position, but you are still pretty early for the baby to be pushing on you too hard.  if it keeps up, you may want to call your doc.  hope it gets better!

CafeMom Tickers
lilmama199
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:40 PM

so ur 22 wk's? It could be from stressing/worrying, or just even doing to much. I'm almost 22 wk's and I've had them my whole pregnancy, I've told the doc's but they said it's normal and everything's okay. Try a hot bath or putting ur ft. up!

preggomama26
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Im drinking my bottle of water and I have my feet up.  My drs office closes in 20min and I am tempted to call and then I change my mind. 

Quoting lilmama199:

so ur 22 wk's? It could be from stressing/worrying, or just even doing to much. I'm almost 22 wk's and I've had them my whole pregnancy, I've told the doc's but they said it's normal and everything's okay. Try a hot bath or putting ur ft. up!

CafeMom Tickers
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:47 PM

hmm i guess i would try a warm shower and see if that relieves anything.  you may just want to give them a call to ressure you if they think there is anything to be concerned of.

Quoting preggomama26:

Its kind of constant and th cramps go down my legs like mentral cramps.  My back pain is constant. 

Quoting meam4444:

preggomama26
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:54 PM

i called and left a message for the dr. He was in the room with a patient.  They said they would call me back asap since I have a history of miscarriages.  So we will see what happens. 

Quoting meam4444:

hmm i guess i would try a warm shower and see if that relieves anything.  you may just want to give them a call to ressure you if they think there is anything to be concerned of.

Quoting preggomama26:

Quoting meam4444:

CafeMom Tickers
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:57 PM

always better to be on the safer and cautious end of things...i hope he calls you back!  if not, is there a on-call doc you could call instead?

Quoting preggomama26:

i called and left a message for the dr. He was in the room with a patient.  They said they would call me back asap since I have a history of miscarriages.  So we will see what happens. 

Quoting meam4444:

Quoting preggomama26:

Quoting meam4444:

Gabeys_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:00 PM

I have this as well.. I'm almost 23 weeks. I notice when I get really stressed or don't get adequate rest, I'm very uncomfortable. Sometimes it really helps to get out and walk(I think it stretches/works the muscles), take a hot shower, or borrow the hubby for a nice back rub. I thought this was only me because I had a back injury at 8 weeks that still acts up every now and then. I also get charley-horse like cramps in my belly if I stretch, roll over too fast, or sneeze really hard.

preggomama26
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:03 PM

There are only 2 OBs in my town and they are the on call drs and they are in the same office. Which makes it good because they both know my situation. 

Quoting meam4444:

always better to be on the safer and cautious end of things...i hope he calls you back!  if not, is there a on-call doc you could call instead?

Quoting preggomama26:

Quoting meam4444:

Quoting preggomama26:

Quoting meam4444:

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)