Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need advice...immediately!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:12 PM
  • 14 Replies

I'm 7 months pregnant and I've found a name that I really like for my daughter...Nia Marie...but now I'm having second thoughts about it... I just keep thinking about her growing up with that name and what if she don't like it...I've always wanted to have my kids names very classy and a name they can grow up with...I'm not totally into Nia Marie now...I love the names Novalei and Lucy but I've told everyone what her name is and I just don't wanna up and change it. I know she's my daughter and I should pick her name out and that it should have special meaning to it and everything but I'm in a name game crisis...any advice? did any other mothers(to-be) go through this too??

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:16 PM

How is that pronounced? Nya? Or Nee-a? I like Nya a lot! Anyway, don't worry about what other people think about changing her name and stuff. It is up to you what to name her, not anybody else. If you like something else better now, then go ahead and change it. People will understand! And, I don't necessarily think that names have to have a special meaning. We named our son Logan just because I liked the name, there was nothing "special" about it, and the same goes for this baby. We just choose names we like and can both agree on!

LadyAlexea
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:21 PM

Who cares what everyone else thinks name your baby what you want to. Changing the babys name before she is born is not as bad as wanting to change the babys name after she is born. This is the time you get to shift through names and find one you will like through the babys life.

JessaBaby
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:26 PM

Her name is pronounced Knee-uh.

JessaBaby
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:27 PM

Quoting JessaBaby:

...and this is another reason why I kinda wanna change it...everyone has trouble pronouncing it...I thought it was gonna be easy enough to realize because the name Mia (in the Princess Diaries) it's pronounced like that only with an N...

housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:28 PM

I love Novalei!! I have never heard of it before. Very pretty!

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

Mommyto2kids09
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:31 PM
I think it's a very pretty name. She's your dd its your decision on a name mama. But I have to say I really like the name Novalei too. I heard it on that movie Where the heart is the one where she had her baby in Walmart. I've always thought it was pretty
AddyLeigh
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Quoting JessaBaby:

It totally makes me think of Blackalicious! They have an album w/ that name and a song, so I hear the song in my head when I hear that name!

I think it's pretty, but so are the other names you like! If you love it, then go with it, or wait to completely decide until she's born. We had to do that w/ our last. I kept saying, "I don't know, I don't know!", then when he was born one totally fit more than the other!

ryahzMommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:33 PM

I KNOW WHAT YOUR GOING THREW BUT WHEN MY 3YR OLD DAUGHTER WAS STILL IN MY STOMACH I DIDNT KNOW WHAT TO NAME HER I COULDNT CHOOSE BETWEEN La'Ryah OR MAHOGONY OR PYSHAL( THIS 1 IS PRONOUNCED PASHELL) N I HAD ALREADY TOLD EVERY1 HER NAME WUD B MAHOGONY.

BUT YOU HAVE 2 DO WAT U LIKE  SO I WENT WITH LARYAH PYSHAL DAVIS

BUT 1 THING I CAN SAY IS DONT GIVE THEM A NAME FROM THE 1970'S IF ITS A OLD NAME THEY WILL GET TEASED UNLESS IT HAS TRUE VALUE TO IT.

("love is the greatest stregnth and worst weakness" )

JUST LEAVING YOU WITH A WORD OF ADVICE

EarthGirl84
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:33 PM

My DD's name is Nia Victoria, and she loves to proclaim her name to anyone who will listen. Your daughter may or may not enjoy it later in life, depending on whether she likes unique names or normal names, but you should really just pick what sounds nice to you. Just a warning, though, people will CONSTANTLY be thinking her name is Mia! People are always saying, "Mia? Oh, hi Mia!" Then we have to say, "No, it's NIA."

EarthGirl84
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:34 PM

BTW, just as a side note, Nia means "purpose" in Swahili.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)