Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so sick!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:55 PM
  • 3 Replies

My throat started throbbing today and my ear hurts I am going to make an apointment for the doc but what can i do at home to help with the pain?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
sissychristi
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:11 PM

You can buy Throat Coat tea sold by Traditional Medicinals at just about any store. It helps coat a sore throat making swallowing easier.

For the ear, I always lay on one side and pour a little peroxide into my ear and let it soak for about 5-10 minutes. It helps break up any infection making its way into your ear canal and flushes it out. I follow that up with the homeopathic Murine Ear Drops to help with pain.

Gargle with warm salt water every couple hours and after every meal/snack.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:18 PM

lol what she said.. although i've never heard of that throat coat stuff..is it safe during pregnancy?

Quoting sissychristi:

You can buy Throat Coat tea sold by Traditional Medicinals at just about any store. It helps coat a sore throat making swallowing easier.

For the ear, I always lay on one side and pour a little peroxide into my ear and let it soak for about 5-10 minutes. It helps break up any infection making its way into your ear canal and flushes it out. I follow that up with the homeopathic Murine Ear Drops to help with pain.

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               its a boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Baby boy due June 2, 2010

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 7:53 AM

great advice!  ive also been told honey in hot water with some lemon helps with sore throats too.  i hope you feel better!!!!!

Quoting sissychristi:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)