Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do unborn babies have headaches??

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:12 PM
  • 9 Replies

I know this probably sounds like a stupid question, but I'm going on day 3 of my headache and I'd really prefer not to take anything, even though they say Tylenol is ok. My husband is encouraging me to take something. I told him she was crazy active today and he said it's probably because she has my headache... First I thought it was crazy and then I began to wonder if she does feel differently when I have a headache?! Any thoughts on that??

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:14 PM

you might want to take some tylenol...a head ache that is constant and that tylenol doesn't take care of can be a sign of something more serious.. If you really don't want to take tylenol i think you should call your doctor asap and inform them.

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               its a boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Baby boy due June 2, 2010

EarthGirl84
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Well, your headache may be causing you a little distress, which the baby can probably pick up on. I'm not really sure if they can feel headaches, too, but I guess it could be possible...

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 7:55 AM

i dont think your baby has a head ache because you have one but i do think the baby probably knows you arent feeling quite 100% and may react off of that.  im with you, i dont like taking really anything when im preggers either.  i try to stay well hydrated, eat plenty of protein, and sleep in efforts to relieve that head ache!  good luck!

paulsgirl1297
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 11:07 AM

In my case my headeacnes were caused by elevated blood pressure and my OB admitted me to L & D to treat them, so you might want to let you doc or nurse know about the headaches. One thing I do to relieve the headache is an ice pack on the top of my head and a heating pad on the back of my kneck , while lying down listening to a relaxation cd or low music ,,,

http://paulsgirl1297.wordpress.com/
admegan
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 11:32 AM

Thats actually a very interesting question......I do wonder if babies get headaches while still in the womb.  It would be kinda neat to know

penguinbabe44
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 11:35 AM

I would hope not!!! I don't want my little one having a headache and I can't help her yet. But back to you, I don't think your baby has a headache from you having one. Drink water and avoid salty food and pork because that causes headaches more.

Usually when I feel a headache coming on I drink water and go lay down and relax because I don't want to take ANY meds at all during my pregnancy. The only thing I'm taking is prenatal but if the headache is unbearable then you probably should go ahead and take what the doctor said is safe for you and baby.

CafeMom Tickers
sparklebug86
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 11:41 AM

I had migraines in the beginning of this pregnancy and it was caused by high BP. The residual headache after the migraine would last for up to 2 days. I am right there with you as far as not taking drugs (and tylenol wont help a migraine anyway) but, 3 days is awhile. I do think you need to at least speak to a nurse at your office so that they are aware. Im not a pill pusher but, tylenol is actually very safe to take during pregnancy but I wouldnt take the extra strength, just the regular tylenol.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
suoicerp21
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 12:11 AM

Just wanted to update... a really good nights sleep cured my headache. I hadn't slept well at all the last two nights, so last night I cancelled my plans and went to bed really early. I felt so much better this morning!

housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 12:17 AM

Quoting admegan:

Thats actually a very interesting question......I do wonder if babies get headaches while still in the womb.  It would be kinda neat to know

I agree! It has never occured to me that they could. Now I want to know.

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)