Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is this one SOOO much worse?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:18 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have always suffered morning sickness with each of my pregnancies. But this time it's a little ridiculous.  It's alll day and alll night and I swear I have lost 10 pounds this week. I can't keep anything down, not even flat 7-up. Ugh I am SOOO hungry and my throat is soo raw from puking.

Any ideas why #5 would be doing this to me? Anyone else suffer from EXTREME sickness? How long did it last?

Join me in this group! Learn about finances, offer support and advice! http://www.cafemom.com/group/108534/

Do you really want to call someone out? Tell them what you really think? Do you want to be able to SAY ANYTHING? Well "put on your big girl panties" is the forum for you! We don't delete. We cuss.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/104777

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
madsky
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:20 PM

my third one was much worse and i was like uhhh whats the deal then i found out i was having twins . and that was why iwas so much sicker !!!more hormones the sicker you get and good luck

mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:20 PM

i never got ms with my dd and this time i was hospitalized at 13 weeks due to a sudden burst of horrible vomiting and i got severely dehydrated so they put me on zofran which didn't do crap and then they gave me reglan and man that stuff works wonders...If it continues call your doctor

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               its a boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Baby boy due June 2, 2010

EarthGirl84
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:20 PM

I have heard that symptoms can get progressively worse with each pregnancy. I can definitely say that it's been worse for me this time around, too.

drakesmom2007
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:22 PM

i did with my 1st i was sick all day everyday  i puked every where i went it was embarrassing it lasted my whole pregnancy up until my son was born.

CariO.
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:24 PM

I had that with all of my pregnancies -- the all day long nausea, not the vomiting.  Anyway, it was awful!!  It lasted 4 months!!!!!!!

excougarmama
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:24 PM

I have had 2 twin pregnancies in which I spontaniously lost one of them VERY early, before 10 weeks.  I still didn't suffer the extreme morning/all day sickness that I am now. I just can't shake it. I have tried putting a saltine in my mouth before I ever pick my head up but that seems to immediately make me have to puke. UGH!

Join me in this group! Learn about finances, offer support and advice! http://www.cafemom.com/group/108534/

Do you really want to call someone out? Tell them what you really think? Do you want to be able to SAY ANYTHING? Well "put on your big girl panties" is the forum for you! We don't delete. We cuss.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/104777

ttaylor1998
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:26 PM

Sorry you are so sick. =(     My sister got worse with every pregnancy, too.   I was pretty sick with Taylor and not even one nauseous moment with Mason.  My diet was completely different with him and I swear that was what made the difference.

siggy2 by you.

Click below!  Next Stocking: January 28th! 
WAHM behind DypesByDixon   

CariO.
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:27 PM

Ginger candies from a store called Trader Joe's helped a tiny bit with the nausea.  It doesn't take it away, but it takes the edge off.  Maybe drink ginger ale too.  Hang in there.  

sunshinemama86
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:55 PM

i had the same thing with this pregnancy the first 4 months were the worst i had to take that zofran to keep anything down. i lost to much wieght and was getting dehydrated so after 24 hours on a IV i started with the meds. my first prgnancy i was fine the whole time! now i am in my third trimester and sity get sick in the morning and react to smells but its way better then those fisrt 4 months.

good luck and hang in there if you can not keep water down you need to call your dr.

StarMommy06
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:01 PM

No idea, but Im sorry your going through that!

Im at the end of my pregnancy and its so much worse than with my first! I guess sometimes it just happens. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)