• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So Happy.... !!!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:05 PM
  • 5 Replies

We had our Fetal Echo today  because I had my aortic valve replaced and the wanted to make sure his was ok. They said his heart looks great!!! They also said that from the looks of my Uterine artery my chances of Pre-eclampsia are still there but they're a lot lower.  He also said that Zachary is in the 90th percentile and is a big boy, 1lb 6 oz. at only 23 wks,  which means more then likely it will be a planned delivery with either me being induced early or waiting till the last minute with a planned C-section.  So far all is good!!!

Has anyone else been told they're baby was big for it's gestation and how did that turn out?  It's basically only 6oz. too big from what I understand because normal weight right now is a pound.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Chrissy9479
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:07 PM

i was told my DS was 4lbs 6oz at 30 weeks and the "normal" weight is like 3lbs, but he was only 7lbs 3oz at birth. so either he really wasn't that big or he didn't gain much in the last 10 weeks.

but I am glad that everything is ok with your baby and i hope it all goes well for you!!! good luck!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:12 PM

My " big babies" would usually just decide to come earlier, so they were in normal range for me. so happy everything went great!

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

Wishing2BMommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:12 PM

THANK YOU!!!  That's very reasurring, thanks you again.

Quoting Chrissy9479:

i was told my DS was 4lbs 6oz at 30 weeks and the "normal" weight is like 3lbs, but he was only 7lbs 3oz at birth. so either he really wasn't that big or he didn't gain much in the last 10 weeks.

but I am glad that everything is ok with your baby and i hope it all goes well for you!!! good luck!!

Wishing2BMommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:18 PM

Quoting housefullofkidz:

My " big babies" would usually just decide to come earlier, so they were in normal range for me. so happy everything went great!

Yeah, they told me that because of me being high risk that they won't let him get that big.  They'll either induce early when it's safe, or wait as long as they can and take him c-section.  I'm scared about both, I'm a big baby.  I've heard so many painful stories on here about both inductions and c-sections. Everyone who's already been in labor and had either of those said they were in so much pain that they didn't care about the epidural or the c-section.  But everyone who was planned and not in labor said it was hard and painful... But whatever's safer for both of us, I'll deal with it. 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 8:10 AM

happy all is well!!  my sister was also told her babies were growing too fast and they were going to be huge...well they were a little bigger than the average...but not near to where they kept figuring her at through out the pregnancy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)