Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Heart rate a little high? Am I the only one?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:07 PM
  • 4 Replies

My heart rate is 142/81. I'm a little concerned. I struggled with anxiety before getting pregnant. A year before I got pregnant I went off medication and seemed to be okay. However, this last trimester, my anxiety has heightened. I do not want to take any medicine for it, so I am trying to stay calm and relaxed, by eliminating stress and engaging in relaxing activities. However, I want to know if anyone else has experienced an increase in their heart rate, since becomming pregnant.

Morgan puppy

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mamaz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:09 PM

do you mean blood pressure? the main number is the bottom one. and 81 is normal for pregnancy

Photobucket

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination

LOOK IT'S BOB
☻/ This is bob, copy paste him on
/▌ every update you see so he can
/ \ take over Facebook. You've been Bobbed

CheyanneW
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:14 PM

You blood pressure is about what mine was when they did put me on meds.  I had Pre-E and IUGR with my first though so they are being extra careful.  Good luck!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 8:03 AM

yep my blood pressure definately increased this pregnancy.  i guess i wuld just recommend treating yourself to good movies to take your mind off life, warm showers, maybe even go get your nails done or hair.  perhaps that will help lower it a bit and release some of the anxiety.

chance010507
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 8:16 AM

it seems within the normal range for your last trimester, you are getting big the baby is pulling blood and it takes alot to keep up. if you can tell when its high, mine always got a little high after walking or doing anything physical and then would go back down after sitting and doing some deep breathing exercises, in through your nose and out through your mouth count to 8 with the breath in and 8 on the exhale. yoga breathing will really help too and using those relaxation methods will be great for you. i had pre-e last time and suffered all the last two years after my son was born with a high blood pressure and then tachycardia, where my heart rate would be 90 when resting and after walking 120 and jogging 200 or more. if thats happening to you too, try ice water and more breathing exercises and bearing down like you are going to poo helps slow your heart rate as well. i also have anxiety and i just went off my meds it was tough the first two days but now i feel just fine and my blood pressure is insanely great! i cant believe it its better than it has been in my entire life :)   i hope you can figure out whats going on and you have a safe and healthy pregnancy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)