Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you and your DH made this agreement? Is it a bad idea?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:51 PM
  • 42 Replies

We made an agreement that if we are having a girl
I can choose our baby's name. .
But if we have a boy he can choose our baby's name.

Have any of you tried it? How did it work out? Any disagreements on the names one of you picked?

Gender PredictionGet your own gender prediction!
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:53 PM

LOL!My hubby has some strange name choices. So needless to say, I don't give him free rein!

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

Dara0820
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:55 PM

I told DF what names I liked for boy AND girl, and he liked them both..so we didn't have an issue. Now if he wouldn't have liked them, then we would have had to come up with something that the two of us liked together.

pregnancy

Dara

Hrivera5
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:56 PM

LOL same here!  I let him have his say of course...but the names really go through me for the final pick :)  We have never fought about a name though, so it works this way for us.

Quoting housefullofkidz:

LOL!My hubby has some strange name choices. So needless to say, I don't give him free rein!

ready_for2

no, our agreement was that i got to pick the first name, and he got to pick the middle (he named DS after himself LOL)

chell.chell

Lol That is what I am scared of!

Quoting housefullofkidz:

abstractmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:57 PM

Hmmm, sounds dangerous! If I had that agreement my son would be named Christian Skywalker...

If you're a mom in need or want to help needy mommies, please join my giveaway group! Weekly diaper bag giveaways full of baby goodies, and more!www.cafemom.com/group/giveaways4mommies

chell.chell
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:57 PM

Lol that is cute :]

Quoting ready_for2:

no, our agreement was that i got to pick the first name, and he got to pick the middle (he named DS after himself LOL)

mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:57 PM

hubby and i did that and let me just say it's not a good idea. i had to go back on my word

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               its a boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Baby boy due June 2, 2010

chell.chell
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:01 PM

Oh man, I mean. . I might have to go back on my word. . But he is super stoked to try it. . . I really really think that we will end up having a girl though. I mean it will just be odd to not considering I have 6 other sisters and 3 nieces but no brothers or nephews. HA. I think we will end up with a little girl.

Quoting mommyziegler:

hubby and i did that and let me just say it's not a good idea. i had to go back on my word

mbelle25
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:01 PM
We dont have an agreement on that, but we do already have a girl name picked, and Im not even pregnant yet! LOL! Everyone tells us that we are going to have a girl so we are prepared for it. But my husband has some interesting choices for boy names so I think we'd have to discuss that one!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)