Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Little bit of my labor/birth story

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:17 PM
  • 13 Replies

Please forgive me if not everything is spelled right i suck at spelling and i am a little tired :)

Well I went to my D.r  the 20th of this month and she said she would induce me Friday the 22  she told me to be there at 6pm  i got there at 530pm lol  i got all checked in and got up to my room they put this string thing i dont know the name of it up there to soften my cervix and help me dilate  we started that at 7:30pm I was already having small contractions every 20 mins they didnt hurt that bad after 15 mins of that thing up there  they really started to hurt and where every 4 mins  Skip ahead 12 hours to 745 am when they pulled that thingy out  i was a soft 3 so they moved me to L&D to start my iv  I had a shower and had a small meal  845 they started my iv i was on my iv for about 15 mins and they stopped it because i starting having stronger contractions every 2 mins  and hurting to a 40 on there 1-10 thing lol  so i got to a 6 and they called the guy to do my epldlier ( sp)  frist try  they got me siting on the side of the bed and Pop there goes my water  so my nurse had me lay down  5 mins latter we tried again  Big contraction and her head dropped lower  had to lay down again  5 more mins latter and In a lot of pain we tryed again Well this time her heart rate dropped So they called my D.R  and had me lay down  5 mins latter my dr got there  put one of those heart rate things on the top of her head and  my dr wanted to try one more time  he got it in this time But  as soon as he started taping it down and felt  her head right there popin out I started screaming  her head is coming out and my dr layed my down and checked me At this point my toes are nice and numb   my thighs are asleep But i can feel my Yohoo  4 mins latter  and two really good pushes i was holding my 6 pound 14 oz 19.1/2 in long beautiful baby girl :)

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Amazing!!  She decided she was coming right then!! She's a cutie! congrats!

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

iminluvwita
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:23 PM

beautiful. She's a cuttie too. lol

Chrissy9479
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:26 PM

lol gotta love the epi!! congrats!!! shes so cute!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

doulala
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:26 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

She is soooooo adorable!!

:-D

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

CarrolnDj
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:28 PM

i only wish i had got it i felt everything only thing that was numb was my toes and knees i felt everything else

Chrissy9479
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:33 PM

oh no! lol that didn't help much i suppose!!  mine took forever to wear off and i couldn't walk for like 6 hours afterwards because my left thigh wouldn't wake up and my knee wouldn't do what i wanted it too haha.

Quoting CarrolnDj:

i only wish i had got it i felt everything only thing that was numb was my toes and knees i felt everything else

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

mommy2xp
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 12:33 AM

congrats!!

JennaFoix
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 12:38 AM

congrats!!!

ArMyWiFe9506
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Congrats! She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

grapejelly
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 10:23 AM

what a cutie!!

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)