Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Indigestion?! Help!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:22 PM
  • 9 Replies

I'm 11 1/2 weeks pregnant with baby #5 and am having horrible indigestion! I've yet to expierence this much in a pregnancy and I'm not sure what's causing it and how I can help relieve it. Anyone dealt with this before? If so what did you change or do to help!?!

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:25 PM

I took a prescription for protonix. It works wonderful!

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

Chrissy9479
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:30 PM

tums! lol but i noticed that things that used to not bother me before i was pregnant, would give me heartburn. like hot dogs, and sausage. keep track of what you eat and when you get heartburn and see if there is a certain thing that you're eating that is causing it. or it could be acid reflux and you may need some meds.  good luck! i know how much it sucks!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

JHall
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 8:21 AM

Zantac 150 and sleep on your left side at night.  The Zantac 150 really helped me so much.  Sleeping on your left UMMM  sometimes but only when I felt like sleeping that way.

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 8:35 AM

ive always been told to take tums. i dont know if they actually work because ive always ended throwing them up...but they may work great on you!!  good luck!

Babygirl46342
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 8:40 AM

I have used tums, rolaids, and they gave me pepcid and another prescription... Nothing still works sorry it sucks and I hope that it goes away for you. 

karesmile
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 8:45 AM

I've been having really bad heartburn and reflux (where it feels like food in your throat). I've been taking Zantac 75 (the 150 works better, but my doctor was against it for some dumb reason). I also eat tums like candy (yay calcium)!! I've noticed my triggers are: letting myself get too hungry, lack of sleep, eating anything with tomatoes, and chocolate (the hardest thing to give up!!).

Hope this helps :-)
xoxo

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

CafeMom Tickers

paulsgirl1297
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 9:08 AM

Tums helped me  and my grandmothers old home remedy  a slice of bread with mustard on it --it actually worked for me. Sometimes I would drink milk but it didn't seem to help nor was it appealing most of the time..Hope you feel better

houseOboys
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 6:45 PM

Thanks for the input! I tried tums today and it worked quickly! I was reading online and grapefruit juice as well as orange juice (alone with tomatoes) give indegestion. Well, I've been eating at least one orange and grapefruit a day (craving them like CRAZY!) and had homemade bruicetta (sp?) yesterday.  I'm definetly gonna keep the tums on hand and keep track of what I eat as well as when it happens.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 6:47 PM

happy they worked fo ryou!  yeah those acidic foods can sure give us issues!  but they are sooo good!

Quoting houseOboys:

Thanks for the input! I tried tums today and it worked quickly! I was reading online and grapefruit juice as well as orange juice (alone with tomatoes) give indegestion. Well, I've been eating at least one orange and grapefruit a day (craving them like CRAZY!) and had homemade bruicetta (sp?) yesterday.  I'm definetly gonna keep the tums on hand and keep track of what I eat as well as when it happens.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)