Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby pooping problems please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:43 PM
  • 11 Replies

My 18 day old baby hasnt pooped in a day & a half what can i do to help her poop.   eye rolling

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 12:01 AM

Is she breastfed?If she is, It's okay. Sometimes their body just absorbs most of the milk, so no reason to poop all the time.

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

quitabrown
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 12:08 AM

No im not breast feeding

Chrissy9479
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 12:09 AM

my baby is breastfed and some days he only has 1 or 2 dirty diapers and some days he has like 8 lol. i think its normal if they are breast fed to not have a dirty diaper every day.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

KendraCagle
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 12:11 AM
My son was the same way. I had to put karo syrup in his bottles. It might take a couple of bottles but it really worked for him just keep putting it in there. I put about a teaspoon of it in there. Good luck to you and I hope your little one gets better!!!! I hope this helps!!!

Pregnancy%20ticker

stefro87
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 12:17 AM

im havein a similar problem but im breast and formula feeding but my lo has had diarea for two wks and shes only two wks old but today she has only pooped once is it normal for her to have diarea for that long and is it ok to breast and bottle feed

desertwannab
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 1:56 AM

My first 2 boys had this problem, often because of all the iron in formula.  My 1st sons pediatrician said to put about a tbsp of prune juice in his formula first thing in the morning and warm it up.  He said the warm first thing in the morning helps their digestive system start moving.  It worked for my boys... (as they got older I also gave them prune baby food)

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 8:59 AM

ive been told the same thing before.  but you may want to call your baby's peditrician for what they would recommend as your baby is still very young.

Quoting KendraCagle:

My son was the same way. I had to put karo syrup in his bottles. It might take a couple of bottles but it really worked for him just keep putting it in there. I put about a teaspoon of it in there. Good luck to you and I hope your little one gets better!!!! I hope this helps!!!

stellarluna
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 9:10 AM

if she doesn't seem to be in discomfort, then she is probably perfectly fine.  If she does seem uncomfortable anything with fiber helps, such as apples or you can try prunes.  Or you can have her soak in Epsom salt bath or make a drink of Epsom salt and water to get it moving faster than those will.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

jjessers
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 9:14 AM

is only 18 days old....any kind of food is not a good idea...since their tummy isn't developed enough to digest it properly
:)

I agree if baby doesn't seem to be in discomfort...Just keep feeding the baby as you have been....if it stays this way...try some lukewarm water. If that doesn't help...consult w/ your Dr.

Quoting stellarluna:

if she doesn't seem to be in discomfort, then she is probably perfectly fine.  If she does seem uncomfortable anything with fiber helps, such as apples or you can try prunes.  Or you can have her soak in Epsom salt bath or make a drink of Epsom salt and water to get it moving faster than those will.

starreyedcutie
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 9:18 AM

Try putting a little bit of Karo syrup in the bottle, giving a warm bath, sometimes taking a rectal temp gets things moving but be careful when you do that) push the legs up to the chest over and over again gently, massage the lower tummy area gently...if none of that woks call your doctor...if it goes too long they may want you to take the baby in and theyll insert a glycerin suppository (sp) and that WILL work :-) Calm down its OK 

Pregnancy%20ticker

EXPECTING BABY NUMBER 3!!!
Make a pregnancy ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)