Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How did you feel during your 3rd pregnancy?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 6:41 AM
  • 13 Replies

Ok so I was reading this post the other night and most of the ladies were saying how horrible they felt during their third pregnancy and now I am wondering how true that really is.  I'm 12wks and I feel like crap really I feel past crap anything lower then crap?  I was hoping that I would start feeling better when the second tri came around but now I don't think I will. During my second pregnancy I felt great just about the whole time I was pregnant, the first not so much that was a hard one also but it seems that I did feel a little better even then just moody.  Man this one is kicking my butt, I thought that they got easier after the second?  I must have been wrong, I don't know how much more I can take of this.

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 6:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 7:45 AM

im currently preggers with baby no. 3 and i feel pretty good!  my baby no 2 pregnancy, i was miserably sick almost the whole pregnancy...i lost so much weight that pregnancy because i would throw up everything!  i couldnt keep anything down.  so this pregnancy seems like a breeze compared to that one.  i hope you feel better though!!

tel4him
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 7:50 AM

I'm almost 24 weeks with my 3rd and it has NOT been fun.  I spent the first 3 months puking my guts out, then had bleeding, had a few days of horrible abdominal pain, and now the pelvic pain has started.  To make it worse, I'm exhausted all the time and the aches and pains of pregnancy have started making really hard to sleep!  Ok. Enough complaining.  I do love feeling him/her move and my older 2 just loving on my belly.  I just try to remind myself that this may be the last time I get to be pregnant, so I'm trying to enjoy it. 

Theresa, proud homeschooling mom to Ellie, 8, Ian, 6, and

Lilypie Maternity tickers

JHall
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 8:06 AM

Yep thats how I am feeling but with out all the puke, just the feeling of being sick all day makes me tired. If I try to take a nap I can't some reason my eye just pop wide open but even at nights I do the same thing. I'm lucky to even get about 2 hours in.  All around I feel like I am catching something that just can't make up its mind on wheather it wants to make me feel even worse.  Eating is just out the window now everything tastes so bad which now hasme just not wanting to eat I've probably lost about 10lbs now. I told my DH last night that thisone is going to be bad and to ignore the mood cause I just can't feel good.

Quoting tel4him:

I'm almost 24 weeks with my 3rd and it has NOT been fun.  I spent the first 3 months puking my guts out, then had bleeding, had a few days of horrible abdominal pain, and now the pelvic pain has started.  To make it worse, I'm exhausted all the time and the aches and pains of pregnancy have started making really hard to sleep!  Ok. Enough complaining.  I do love feeling him/her move and my older 2 just loving on my belly.  I just try to remind myself that this may be the last time I get to be pregnant, so I'm trying to enjoy it. 

Gender Prediction
faithdeb
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 8:14 AM

I'm on my third pregnancy and my first two were so easy and wonderful it doesn't seem fair to compare.  I'm also carrying my first boy which I'm told boys can be tougher.  I haven't been sick with any pregnancy but this one I have been tired from day one and I'm bitter most of the time (but its mostly towards my husband).  I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes and I hate dieting and I don't like my doctors who don't care about the fact that if I'm dieting I'm starving and losing weight.  I get bitter when my hubby comes home and eats whatever he wants.  He even eats sweets in front of me knowing that I love them and can't eat them.  The last complaint I have is that I've gained tons of weight and my back can't take the excess weight.  I want to be done so bad but my doctor said they wouldn't induce me until I was 40 weeks, maybe 39 if everything looked ok (aka dilated and effaced).  I have had heart burn with all of them but since I'm much bigger this time the heartburn has taken a whole new level.  So yes this one is way harder physically.  I know that it is all worth it and I can't wait to hold my little guy in my arms.  I wish there was an easier way to bring a child into the world.  I really wish that my son would have a brother but right now I don't know that I can live through another 40 weeks of torcher to get him here.  I think another factor is how old your children are.  My girls are still toddlers and they are being potty trained and they need a bunch from me, so I can see those that have their kids in school that it could be easier.  Well good luck and I think that thinking positive helps.  I'm trying to think of all the wonderful things instead of the miserable but some days aren't easy.

sophismom00
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 8:16 AM

I am so sorry you feel so shitty! I am currently 5 weeks and 3 days with number 3 and I could sleep all day, I need to sleep all day. I am so exhausted through out the day that I need naps but then when I lay down I can't fall asleep. I work afternoons and it is so bad that when my patient lays down I have to fight to stay awake, because that would not be good for me if I fell asleep on the job. Now I am scared though cause I thought that around 12 weeks i would be getting more energy looks like I may not be. In any case I hope you start feeling better soon.

bam920
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 8:22 AM

This is my 3rd and it has been the toughest by far.  Puking for 10 weeks straight, then horrible headaches.  I am finally feeling quite a bit better, so hope that the bad part is over.  My first two were boys.......everyone says this must be a girl.  We'll hopefully find out on Feb 22.

I hope you turn the corner soon!

VintageWife
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 8:23 AM

I will be 17 wks tomorrow with #3. This one has been hard. The first two were perfect pregnancies. Almost no different than not being pregnant. But with this one I was sick until right at 16 weeks I think, so this has been the first week with no sick feelings. My first two are boys so it doesn't matter so much for the person that said boys are harder. I find out on the 16th what this one is so I will let you know if its the same sex or different. Maybe I have bigger issues carrying girls. We will see I guess!

Tiffany, wife to David and sahm to James and Caleb and Baby J (Jasper or Jocelyn) coming summer of 2010!

Pregnancy ticker

JHall
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 8:45 AM

I hope we all start feeling better soon. It's hard enough on your body just being pregnant but add the way you start to feel and it just makes everything worse.  Yeah I don't buy into the boys are harder cause my first was a girl and the only food I could eat was chicken, second was yet another girl but this one was easy so easy I didn't really think about any of the pregnancy crap when I was prego with her.  I think I am going to try and catch a nap.....Maybe?????

Gender Prediction
mommy2lexinmark
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 8:48 AM

i was very neasus a lot in the beginning of my 3rd pregnancy.....it got better in the 2nd trimester, but b/c i had complications, the 3rd trimester was horrible for me

im now 30 weeks prego with number 4, it was better in the beginning then my 3rd, but now, im freaking sooo big and uncomfortable and in back pain and such :(

Alex~ wifey to Mark

They call me mommy~ Alexia Rose-5, Mark Ryan-3, and Cassidy Rayne-1
CafeMom Tickers

laurajean22
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 8:53 AM

I just gave birth to my 3rd child, a little girl, 17 days ago. My 1st pregnancy was the best. Then my 2nd pregnancy was the worst. I had HBP starting at 20wks, felt tired, couldnt really do much of anything. Due to my 2nd pregnancy me and hubby had talked about me NOT getting pregnant again because of how bad I felt and my BP....BUT surprise we got pregnant with #3 which was  BIG surprise. Now my pregnancy with her was great. I had no BP problems at all. Just like the last month I got really uncomfortable and had to pee a million times...which is normal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)