Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Do all grown men throw their clothes on the floor?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2010 at 3:48 PM
  • 67 Replies

I just need to vent for a minute and get some advice!  My fiance is constantly leaving his dirty clothes on the bathroom floor...bedroom floor..closet floor and leaving lights on!!!  I went upstairs today to put away laundry and the closet light was on and so was the bathroom light and vent from when he showered this morning!  His clothes were on the bathroom floor and towel on the floor in front of the dresser.  So i decided to write a note and stick it on our bedroom door.  we have a bathroom in our bedroom and right outside the door i put a laundry basket for dirty clothes, so in my note i told him if his clothes are not in the basket they will not get washed!  Is that bad?  Im sick of picking up his clothes and on top of it i am 7 months pregnant so it bothers me to bend down a lot!  On his side of the bed on the floor there are tons of clothes!  On his side of the closet there are clean clothes on the floor that i refuse to pick up!  any other adive besides my note?  sorry so long ladies!  thanks!

by on Feb. 5, 2010 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pregowithfifth
by on Feb. 5, 2010 at 3:51 PM

I finally told my DH that I am his wife not his mother and I will not pick up after him like a maid either.  He has since started doing the laundry himself because I will not pick his clothes up off the floor when they are 3 feet from the basket.

Jessicut
by on Feb. 5, 2010 at 3:52 PM

Yes all boys and men do it! And it's annoying all the way across the board. I'm convinced most males have ADD and are distracted by something before they can consciously put their dirty clothes in the hamper. Or maybe that's just their excuse to be lazy...

hannamanmommy
by on Feb. 5, 2010 at 3:54 PM

Yes!!! They all do it, it seems. I've even put a basket in our bedroom, laundry room, bathroom, and closet. There is no reason there should be clothes on the floor-- but my bedroom, bathroom, and closet are covered in them. He even threw his clean clothes on the floor. I wonder if we started bribing them if it would work? If anyone figures out how to get a man to pick up their clothes, please let me know!

beans13
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2010 at 3:54 PM

Yes ....

I pick up socks from all over the house, it drives me crazy,  The worst part is dd has started the habit.

mvines1021
by on Feb. 5, 2010 at 3:59 PM

Quoting hannamanmommy:

Yes!!! They all do it, it seems. I've even put a basket in our bedroom, laundry room, bathroom, and closet. There is no reason there should be clothes on the floor-- but my bedroom, bathroom, and closet are covered in them. He even threw his clean clothes on the floor. I wonder if we started bribing them if it would work? If anyone figures out how to get a man to pick up their clothes, please let me know!

LOL!  maybe a bribe would work!

heavensdaughter
by on Feb. 5, 2010 at 4:04 PM

Mine throws his on the floor.  I told him that I wouldn't wash anythign that wasn't in the laundry basket so  whenever he ran out of clothes he would scoop them all up and expect me to wash them in one day.  So I said unless he starts picking up his clothes daily I am done washing his clothes....  He just started washing what he needed himself, the rest just laid around.  after about a 5 month stand off, he won.  I couldn't take the mess anymore.   I even thought about throwing away all the clothes that he left on the floor....  But that seemed like going a little far.  he's just a slob! 

gacgbaker
by on Feb. 5, 2010 at 4:04 PM

I know my dad and brothers always did this growing up, so I was pretty shocked when I met my husband and married him to find out that he does not leave his clothing on the floor.  It might go there at night, but the next morning he picks it up and sometimes even puts it in the laundry! 

I don't think it is bad at all to approach the subject with your husband.  Maybe saying something like "Honey, I could really use your help, would you mind picking up your clothing for me?  It is pretty difficult at this point to bend over and it would help out so much.".  I think men, naturally want to be our hero's, so asking him in a way that gets him to be your hero might be a good way to do it. 

Good luck, I know these types of pet peeves and difficulties aren't always easy to work out.

Join us at the Uniquely Yours Valentines Party- in Unique Baby Names!

JHall
by on Feb. 5, 2010 at 4:05 PM

LOL  I think they all do mine does it all the time. Sometimes he leaves his shirts on the back of the couch or the counter top. I don't know why they do it

cdeweese
by on Feb. 5, 2010 at 4:05 PM

YES!!!

I have not found a permanent solution. Fortunately my husband is in the military and has to wear a uniform to work, so he HAS to pick them up sometime! LOL If he asks me to wash his uniforms I tell him to put them all in the laundry room. He used to "forget" and I "forgot" to wash them and he ended up wearing dirty uniforms! His normal clothing is still everywhere and he still undresses in the living room, kitchen, dining area, etc. but at least some of it gets cleaned up regularly!

ColtsFan1912
by on Feb. 5, 2010 at 4:06 PM

oh man yeah sounds like my DH. leaves his clothes like 1 foot from the hamper. really? grrr. or if i hadn't had tiem to put away the clean laundry yet (it sets for a few minutes) he'll come & put dirty clothes on top..thats the ONLY time he'll put clothes in the hamper i swear lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN