Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Positive test- test line darker than control line...What does that mean?

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2010 at 12:34 AM
  • 4 Replies

I took a home pregnancy test 11 DPO (just in the middle of the day) and got a positive test result!! It was a pretty dark line considering how early I tested. Then I tested again 14 DPO and my line was the same as the control line. Then I took another a week later at what would be 5 weeks for baby, a week after a missed period, and my test line was way darker than the control line!! Why is it so dark at this early? Could I have ovulated early or am I carrying twins...?

The reason I am curious was because I had a miscarriage before and with that pregnancy when I tested 11 DPO it was a really faint line and at 14 DPO it was still a lighter line but obviously there. This pregnancy the line is so much darker!! I was just curious if anyone knows why...or I could just wait to confirm in 3 weeks! LOL I just get so excited!! I kind of hope it is not twins because that just scares me, but if it is then that is God's plan for us. Thanks everyone for your responses.

by on Feb. 7, 2010 at 12:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Marah2008
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2010 at 12:46 AM

Well you could of ovulated early but some people just have really strong hormones it doesnt necessarily mean you are having twins although you could be.

housefullofkidz
by on Feb. 7, 2010 at 12:51 AM

I agree with marah. Goodluck! I can't wait to hear what the ultrasound results show :-)

mrs.phillips123
by on Feb. 7, 2010 at 12:55 AM

i dont think the shade of the line matters but im not positive. i took 6 tests all together with this pregnancy and a few were darker than the rest but i was only 5 weeks and im not carrying twins, just a normal pregnancy lol

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 7, 2010 at 9:19 AM

yea you could just very well just picked up more hormones than the previous test.  congrats!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN