Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Bleeding/slight cramping at 14 weeks? Please read!

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2010 at 1:25 PM
  • 18 Replies

I went to the ER last night for bleeding/cramping. Everything looked okay, but they said I had a chance of a miscarriage...

Anyone experience this and your baby was okay? I am so scared.

by on Feb. 10, 2010 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
drakesmom2007
by on Feb. 10, 2010 at 1:27 PM

i havent but her is a bump

3Xthelove
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2010 at 1:30 PM

Ive been bleeding since 11 weeks.  I went to the ER bleeding a LOT.  Im still bleeding over a week later.  I was put on bed rest for 6 more weeks.  I have something called subchorionic hemorrhage.  The baby seems okay though.  Just saw "her?" yesterday and she was growing great and had a strong heartbeat!  Keep praying.  Ill be thinking of you. 

momto1ryen
by Lindsey on Feb. 10, 2010 at 1:30 PM

No sorry. PRAYERS!!!

mrs_gatlin
by on Feb. 10, 2010 at 1:43 PM

i had this happen to me when i was around 10-12 weeks...i went to tha ER bleeding extremely heavily. they did ultrasounds and ran blood tests and told me at tha end of tha night that at that point there was just nothin that could be done and that my baby only had a 1 out of 3 chance of makin it...they were pretty sure he was gone based on the amount of bleeding...i was on bedrest for a week after that till i could go to tha doctor and everything still looked good...im now 32 weeks pregnant and everything is still going well...my doctor told me that it could have been from having sex, or just because its my first child and with your uterus stretching in new ways your body isnt used to, it can cause bleeding...there is hope and i will keep you and your little one in my prayers

ElijahsMom211
by M on Feb. 10, 2010 at 1:44 PM

I have no advice for you but I hope everything's ok!

VintageWife
by on Feb. 10, 2010 at 1:53 PM

I had bleeding and nothing came of it. They couldn't figure where it was coming from. Hope you have the same results. I am 19 wks now.

mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2010 at 1:54 PM

i'm sorry i haven't but here is a bump and i hope everything turns out okay

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               its a boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Baby boy due June 2, 2010

mushmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2010 at 2:16 PM

What did they say was wrong?  Bleeding doesn't necessarily mean a miscarriage is happening.

wildsissy
by on Feb. 10, 2010 at 2:37 PM

Quoting 3Xthelove:

Ive been bleeding since 11 weeks.  I went to the ER bleeding a LOT.  Im still bleeding over a week later.  I was put on bed rest for 6 more weeks.  I have something called subchorionic hemorrhage.  The baby seems okay though.  Just saw "her?" yesterday and she was growing great and had a strong heartbeat!  Keep praying.  Ill be thinking of you. 

I was going to mention this.. I had bleeding with my son until I was 11 weeks in fact I didn't know I was preggers, I thought I was having periods still. 

erna1234
by on Feb. 10, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Is it bleeding, or spotting?  I was spotting at 14 wks with my first pregnancy, and as long as it's dark brown, not like bright red or "fresh", then it's probably okay.  I went to the ER for it 'cuz it started clotting, and they told me I had a tear in the placental wall, and that's what the blood was from.  Just take it easy, don't push anything too hard.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)