Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Birthday cake ideas for a 2 year old???

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 11:41 AM
  • 12 Replies

My daughter wil be 2 next month and I want to make a really fun cake and was wondering if any of you had some cool and creative ideas for a cake.There isn't anything in particular she is into. She loves baby dolls and dogs and horses.

by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
K.a.C.87
by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 11:44 AM

i made cupcakes.....it was easy and less messy! no cutting! lol

here is hers from her 2nd bday party (in october)

I am a 22 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, and handsome little man, Bryant Allyn (sucessful VBAC). Loving fiance to Lee. Disposable diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Non-Circumcising, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 15, 2010 at 11:44 AM

you could do a cake the shape of a doll maybe? 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 15, 2010 at 11:44 AM

now those are just darling!

Quoting K.a.C.87:

i made cupcakes.....it was easy and less messy! no cutting! lol

here is hers from her 2nd bday party (in october)

mybbyheh12507
by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 11:46 AM

we did dora cupcakes..my mother in law bakes cakes though so she is professional but she has done some pretty neat things..

La-Belle-Vie
by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 11:48 AM

I wanted to show you my train cake I made for Landon's 2nd birthday!  I also make cake pops that you could easily add to a cake or use as party favors too!

(note I can not write in icing, lol! and I connected the train carts with pretzel sticks)

Cake Pops

StephanieB.
by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 11:56 AM

Oh my gosh those look so yummy! I want one lol! Keep them coming ladies...these are good ideas :)

Quoting La-Belle-Vie:

I wanted to show you my train cake I made for Landon's 2nd birthday!  I also make cake pops that you could easily add to a cake or use as party favors too!

(note I can not write in icing, lol! and I connected the train carts with pretzel sticks)

Cake Pops

smurffettmommy2
by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 11:59 AM
my sons first bday i had this lady who makes 3D cakes, she made a thomas the tank engine cake......it was awsome. lookd just like him.(thomas) and then his second bday which was just in dec. i had a motorcycle cake. it was a chopper cake..it was awsome. he lovedboth cakes.....the cupcakes are the best idea lol they are less messy....my daughters first bday she had an arieal cake., 2nd she had dora cake., 3rd was a 3d tinkerbell cake.
taramd3
by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 12:03 PM

i wanna know how you molded the cake pops!!!  Those are super cute and I love trying new things!  you can message me if you want with directions on how you made them!!  I would REALLY appreciate it!!

Quoting La-Belle-Vie:

Cake Pops

taramd3
by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 12:09 PM

I made these for my daughters first birthday.. but they were super simple!!

JaxonsInkedMom
by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 12:09 PM

Hm, I've been pondering idea's for our 6 year olds birthday cake! LoL

For some reason I dont have any pictures of cakes previous to 2 years ago ...

Jaxon's 1st Birthday

Jaxon's 2nd Bday..

Pierson's 5th Bday

and for His 6th bday party, I'm thinking either a cut out letter 6 like Jaxon's 1.. or a guitar cake as below!Because he's really into the rockstar theme stuff right now..

our oldest kid for... well as long as I've been in his life, lol every year without fail wants a Cookie Cake ... lol

What is your little on into right now?? For my newphews 3rd Bday they did a Train cake.. he's HUGE into trains, and then his 2nd I think they did a cars cookie cake...  wait i have a pic!

I wish I had one of his Train cake from this past birthday!

Those cake pops looks delicious...

Photobucket

Proud Momma of this Family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN