Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

labor pics/videos?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:02 AM
  • 8 Replies

do you plan on taking pictures or video taping the birth? or did you already?

my sis took pics for me.....but i havent gotten to see ANY of them yet :( id love for you to share yours with me :)

I am a 22 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, and handsome little man, Bryant Allyn (sucessful VBAC). Loving fiance to Lee. Disposable diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Non-Circumcising, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mishel73
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:14 AM

The nurse told us we couldn't take pictures until DD was "out".  This is the first pic. we took.

eema.gray
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:15 AM

Two years after my son was born, I've finally managed to get rid of ALL the photos from his birth.  Well, they're on the computer but all the prints are gone and I refuse to look at the ones on the computer.   My daughter's birth, there weren't any pictures taken.

For me personally, birtht is sacred. I feel that pictures and video violate that sanctity.  When I see photos from other women's births, I feel like I'm intruding on something that belongs only to the birthing mother and those she chooses to have with her.  We're at our most vulnerable during labor and birth; I don't want other people seeing my vulnerability.

veganimal
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:48 AM

I regret not taking any pics or video with my first. This time around i would have a whole camera crew if i could lol. I want to capture every second of it. I love seeing birth pics and videos, they are so beautiful.

mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:11 AM

We will definitely have pics taken during the birth. I think those pics are amazing and love seeing them! We have no pics of DS's birth, it was a c section and even though DH was allowed to take pics he was too distracted to remember. This time he better take tons of pics!!

Dara0820
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:15 AM

I will come back in March to add mine. I just wanted to BUMP so more people will answer HAHA! I love seeing pictures and posts like this, they entertain me...ande the NEW newborn babies are to die for!!! AHH!!! :D!

pregnancy

Dara

cristina0709
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:19 AM

I wanted to video or take pictures so DF and i can look at them sometime (only us), but i went to damn fast to even get comfy. lol. I got to the hospital at 8:20 and had him at 10:10

elizabg
by Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:37 AM

I have a video and pics of my first.  I have just pics with my second and third.

This is one of my favs with my son.

This is my baby girl.  I only have a couple of pics on my computer.  My mil has most of the l&d pics.   I love the pics of l&d.  I labored drug free and don't remember much.  The pics give me an idea of what actually happened.lol

jenniferlee_12
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:56 PM

I don't think that the hospital I am going to allows you to take pictures or video while delivering. Probably for legal reasons in case something happens. I wouldn't want any pictures personally. The only thing that I want is after the baby is born a picture of me first holding him, daddy first holding him, and maybe him in the warmer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)