Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Low back pain all day, due Tuesday!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:59 AM
  • 14 Replies

So before I get my hopes up that this means anything I thought I'd ask for input- my lower back has been achy all day long, and is just getting achier. I've had a few random pains in my lower abdomen, like the start of a period, but just here and there throughout the day. My back pain though has NOT let up all day, it's been constant the whole day. At first I thought it was because I was getting sick, I woke up with a bit of a sore throat and headache so I thought it was just body aches, but I feel pretty normal now other than the nonstop achiness in my back.

So....anyone have this symptom RIGHT before going into labor? I'm due Tuesday so every little thing at this point makes me wonder if this is it, you know??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:15 AM

bump

MissNout
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:19 AM

I had to go into L&D last night for the same reason and i was having contractions. so you never know.. if you are that close.. have you lost your plug?? are you dialated and effaced at all???

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
06NavyWife
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:35 AM

I had lower back pain for days before my daughter was born, eventually I was just induced. I was a couple days past my due date and went into labor three days in a row and it would just stop. It could mean that you are getting close but you need some more signs.

mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:42 AM

Lost part of my plug the other day (while peeing in the cup at the drs office!) but nothing since, and I was checked last week at L & D for my BP, was only 1cm and 40% effaced but I think we all know that means nothing. My back is so achy! I hope it just gets worse and worse and turns into labor. ;-)

Quoting MissNout:

I had to go into L&D last night for the same reason and i was having contractions. so you never know.. if you are that close.. have you lost your plug?? are you dialated and effaced at all???

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:04 AM

It's definitely getting worse, and I'm starting to have some light tightening in my abdomen and the baby is doing some weird stuff in there so I'm just going to relax and see what happens! I hope this means baby is getting ready!

MissNout
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:27 AM

Quoting mnt_2_b_mommy:

It's definitely getting worse, and I'm starting to have some light tightening in my abdomen and the baby is doing some weird stuff in there so I'm just going to relax and see what happens! I hope this means baby is getting ready!

Well if you want to gointo labor.. take a walk around the blobk or even walk in circles in your house... i know its kinda late for a walk...walking always helps contractions get stronger and more frequent... GL momma.. let us know what happens...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
college.mom
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:29 AM

I did, but it was back labor and I didnt know it..I couldnt time my contractions because the back labor was messing them up.

mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:51 PM

Well unfortunately nothings happened. Still achy but no contractions or anything. Oh well, i know it's close regardless, she'll be here any day now. Very excited!

jamiesmom1
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:58 PM

I was due yesterday. I have had some cramping, but no contractions. I also woke up with a sore throat and headache. I asked my doula if I should be concerned and she said that sometimes cold or allergy like symptoms also mean that labor is close. I sure hope so. I would really like to have her soon. Good luck momma!

CheyanneW
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:33 PM

I felt like that for a whole month before my second came so ya just never know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)