Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a question!!! :) or 3 lol.

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:18 AM
  • 15 Replies

I'm probably bigger than i should be at 27 weeks even tho i haven't gained much weight... when people ask me when i'm due and i say may they look at me like i have 3 heads!!! i feel soo bad. Is anyone having this problem? What do you say in response to the horrible looks? Oh i work with the public mon-fri at a restaurant so i get it quite often...

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ready_for2
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:23 AM

i know i was huge during my pregnancy. i LOVED IT!!! i always felt bad for the mommas with tiny little bumps who never got a big round belly...

people would always comment on how huge i was (i didnt take offense, it was ALL belly and baby, i didnt gain weight anywhere else) and would say 'you wont go til your due date' which kinda sucked bc i had myself all prepared to go early, i got checked at 35 weeks and was 2 cm 60% effaced and my doctor even said 'dont expect to go to your due date' so i got all excited and then i went overdue!!! it sucked so bad bc for weeks i was waiting to go into labor and i never did.

i gained 40 lb and 9 1/2 of it was baby!! this pic was around 27 weeks or so...but i look as if i would go anyday

xanayda
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:32 AM

thats about how big i am! but i'm short so i think it just looks bigger....

i just took this.. lol that would be my silly daughter in the pic giving a peace sign. ha ha

abeautifulhope
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:44 AM

I've shown since my first trimester and have gotten the rudest comments. I've always been asked if I'm sure there aren't two in there, and maybe I'm eating too much (yes, someone told me that and I'm all baby), and maybe the baby is too big.  they piss me off so much. People need to learn if they can't say anything nice to not say anything at all.

JHall
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:00 PM

I'm 15 weeks and I look like about 6 months I've looked this way for over a month now.  My step sister finally got to see my belly the other night and she said WOW  it looks like you are having twins.  She remembers how little I looked with our second I looked so small.  I haven't gained anything with this one so far I'm just all belly.  My little sis just laughed cause she never really got to see it since I never take my pull over off (COLD)  she asked how long I've looked like this lol.  I have a love/hate relationship with getting big....Love it cause I'm all belly and you deff notice I'm preggers but I hate it cause I feel so huge and heavy. Everyone carries different  I carried huge with my first, tiny with my second and huge again with the third.  Just ignore the comments from them about being huge.

doulala
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:04 PM

You sound like me, I enjoyed looking big and round.    The bugging eyes were really amusing, lol!

;-P

Quoting ready_for2:

i know i was huge during my pregnancy. i LOVED IT!!! i always felt bad for the mommas with tiny little bumps who never got a big round belly...

people would always comment on how huge i was (i didnt take offense, it was ALL belly and baby, i didnt gain weight anywhere else) and would say 'you wont go til your due date' which kinda sucked bc i had myself all prepared to go early, i got checked at 35 weeks and was 2 cm 60% effaced and my doctor even said 'dont expect to go to your due date' so i got all excited and then i went overdue!!! it sucked so bad bc for weeks i was waiting to go into labor and i never did.

i gained 40 lb and 9 1/2 of it was baby!! this pic was around 27 weeks or so...but i look as if i would go anyday

"There is power that comes to women when they give birth. They don't ask for it, it simply invades them. Accumulates like clouds on the horizon and passes through, carrying the child with it."
-Sheryl Feldman

Mommyathome2
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:07 PM

I'm due May 15th w/ my 3rd child and I already look full term I think.  I just shrug it off when people make comments.  I say, "Yeah, I know I'm huge.  I'm having a healthy baby"   

LaceyN1121
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:08 PM

my baby was measuring big to begin with so I always look bigger and further along than I am. When i get comments like that, I just say my due date but the size is not just the baby, its your whole body changing for the baby... but then I also follow that with its none of your damn business... lol... but thats my family I say that too...  

JustCallMeGidge
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:12 PM

Dont worry about it. People can say the most insesitive things. I gained somewhere around 50 lbs w/my 1st. I thougth i was huge but looking back it wasnt so bad. I measured myself once and i was 4 1/2 feet around! I think ppls brains goto mush when they see a pregnant belly. just shrug it off and enjoy the feeling of it being there cause once its gone and the baby is here your gonna miss it...promise.

Austinsmommy126
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:13 PM

I got the same reactions when I was around 27 weeks ... my belly was really big lol.  but now at 34 weeks I get the " No way! youre so tiny!!".  Its really weird.  I think my belly just grew real big early on. Hmm I dunno.  Either way, who cares? People are so rude!!!

mommy2xp
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:58 PM

i got it also, and i thought it was rude! but you can just ignore them or tell them that you and baby are healthy adn that's all that matters or everyone carries different.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)