Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a ? about invitations....

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:32 AM
  • 4 Replies

I'm planning my shower for April 4th (easter) so I have a couple of ideas of what I would like to decorated (haven't made an official decisions as to which theme).  I have been going online just checking out verses, themes, etc..etc...My question is what do you guys think is cheaper...making my own invitations or buying them?  Between DH and I have 104 invited to the baby shower (but you know that not all will come) I was thinking of making them, which I don't mind doing I found some cute verses and stuff...but I'm trying to figure out wether it's cheaper or just about the same as buying them.  I've been looking at prices and some are pretty pricey (when u add the total amount that I need) so IDK any ideas anyone??????

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jenniferlee_12
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:52 PM

It depends on the type of detail you want the invites to have. Colored backgrounds use a lot of ink and them so do pictures. However some invitations are very pricey. I would say that it would definitely depend on the detail you want though.

gacgbaker
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:40 PM

I think it depends on what you are looking for.  You can get a dozen or so invites for a few dollars, but if you really want some nice looking ones, I would make them... that is a lot of invitations to make, but you can do it!  :)  Show us a picture if you do decide to make them, I love that kind of thing! 

bashishot
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:44 PM

The cheapest place I found invitation was A.C. Moore. If you want cheap, do NOT go to Hallmark or anywhere else for that matter haha. They sell some at the stores that are blank and you can put them in your printer and do it that way. Also, I think it wouldn't take long at all if you wanted to do them on your own. I know you have probably thought of this, but is your family going to go crazy if you do the shower on Easter? I know if I did mine that day, not one person would show up!

bashishot
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Also, I didn't answer your question. I think it would be significantly cheaper to make them. A lot of the ones I saw were like 8 invitations for $12 which I find to be ridiculous!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)