Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not sure if I should be worried!!!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:59 AM
  • 8 Replies

I went home two weeks ago because my mom had passed away. During the flights I was spotting and cramping. So when I got there I went to see a doctor and they did an ultrasound. They said my placenta had started to seperate from my uterus. I am 18 weeks pregnant. Should I be worried about this??

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ready_for2
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:01 AM

ummmmm is this a real post? because if that really happened your doctor would be extremely concerned and you would be put on bedrest most likely until it began to re-attatch. or they would do or say SOMETHING else about it. they wouldnt just tell you this and send you on your way.

CandleMommy09
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:03 AM

I'm sorry to hear that you lost your mom sweetie.<<<hugs>>>  What else did the doctor say after he told you what was going on?  This is not something to be taken lightly at all.

mean_jean
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:09 AM

i had this problem with my last baby the dr. put me on bed rest for a few weeks you sould be fine as long as you don't start bleeding heavy then there is something to worry about

Tarawaters
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:42 AM

This was a extremely rude comment... Not always do they put you on bed rest or freak out. It depends how bad it is. You don't know what they told her to do anyways. She didn't post that part. My guess is they told her as soon as she got back to see her normal doctor. I hate coming here looking for help, and people want to be rude. It is frustrating we are suppose to be here for support.

Quoting ready_for2:

ummmmm is this a real post? because if that really happened your doctor would be extremely concerned and you would be put on bedrest most likely until it began to re-attatch. or they would do or say SOMETHING else about it. they wouldnt just tell you this and send you on your way.

CafeMom Tickers
doulala
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:46 AM

I am really sorry for your loss, that is very sad.   :-(

The placenta starting to separate is definitely something to keep track of--  to monitor.   But it doesn't mean anything is a problem now, or will be.

You might be considered "high risk" if it does continue~  the baby needs the placenta (attached to you) for survival, but it's possible that it may not get any worse (may even get better).  

Best wishes, sweetie!

JibbitsMom09
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:49 AM

Quoting Tarawaters:

This was a extremely rude comment... Not always do they put you on bed rest or freak out. It depends how bad it is. You don't know what they told her to do anyways. She didn't post that part. My guess is they told her as soon as she got back to see her normal doctor. I hate coming here looking for help, and people want to be rude. It is frustrating we are suppose to be here for support.

Quoting ready_for2:

severetts
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:29 PM

Thank you everyone. Yes this is a real post, I was given a copy of the results and was told to see my real doctor when I got back home. Just waiting for monday to roll around to make the appointment

kdlmama
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:35 PM

Quoting ready_for2:

ummmmm is this a real post? because if that really happened your doctor would be extremely concerned and you would be put on bedrest most likely until it began to re-attatch. or they would do or say SOMETHING else about it.they wouldnt just tell you this and send you on your way.

I had a rip in my placenta with my youngest son. I was on bedrest until it had fixed itself.  The pg between my boys I had the placenta separate and that resulted in a miscarriage, but I wasn't as far as you are. I would think that the Dr would have put you on bedrest.

pregnancy week by weekbaby growth
baby growth
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)