Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Measuring big?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:21 PM
  • 3 Replies

So the nurse meassured me yesterday and said that I am measuring at 24 weeks and I am only 22 weeks. I am type 1 diabetic and have had my bloos sugas completely under control this whole pregnancy. I know that diabetics have bigger babies but at our ultrasound last tuesday her weight was 14 oz which is on target. So I was wonder if she(baby) just grew a ton in less than a week or if the nurse could have been mistaken?

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jzimenova
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:30 PM

Belly measurements can be affected by different things like your baby's position, the amount of aminotic fluid, or even how much water your body is carrying at the time. I was measuring 22 weeks at 20 weeks along with my baby, and they didn't worry about it (I'm also known to carry larger babies). Unless their is a large difference for multiple week or there are other signs that need to be worried about, I wouldn't worry about it. Ask your doctor about it at your next appointment if you are measuring a little larger  still to see what she says.

megbarr
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:46 PM

I've been measuring 2 to 3 weeks a head since they started measuring me.  I know a lot is the position of the baby. I enjoy bigger babies so I'm not too worried about it. Also the ultrasounds can be off up to a pound either way. I wouldn't worry until closer to time. Especially if you have your sugar under control.

happy2bamommy86
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:59 PM

Thank you ladies :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)