Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lonely and stuck at home.

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:07 PM
  • 5 Replies

My doctor took me out of work in December due to a pulmonary embolism.  I am not not due until April.

I feel like I am losing my mind.  I am stuck in my house 24/7.  Also, I am not sleeping more than 4 hours a night, so it makes for a long long day being alone.

My husband works strange hours.  When he is home, he sleeps on the couch and doesn't do much more.  My mother and step dad are tired of me calling.  I really need someone to talk to.  My friends have jobs and lives.  I can't bother them all the time.

Bottom line is...I'm lonely.  I would give anything to still be working my full time job and to get out of this house.  I feel myself falling into a depression.  I don't want to be a burden on my family, but I really need them right now more than ever. 

How do I get them to understand I need them?

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gacgbaker
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:37 PM

I am so sorry to hear about the situation... have you invited your family over and explained to them how you are feeling?  I bet if you get them in the frame of mind that you really are needing the help the would be there for you more... make sure to try and depend on as many people as you can, so one person doesn't get drained.  I hope you are doing better soon!

RosePetalTears
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:40 PM

They might not get how hard this is on you. My sil went thru the same thing, but she was one bed rest from 16 wks till she delivered around 37 wks. And she had a special needs toddler and a lazy ass of a husband.  

Maybe find a few friends on here that you can text/chat w during the day?

bashishot
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:40 PM

I feel your pain, I am stuck on bed rest, but luckily it's only for about 8 weeks. I would go crazy if it had been since December. I am also out of work as well and extremely active and I have a 21 month old. I was on bed rest with my last pregnancy, which was ok because my husband was home all the time and we had no baby to watch. But now, I just sit here and feel sorry for myself, but I really try to pull myself out of it because I would go crazy otherwise. What helps for me is if I set the day up into brackets, like read for this amount of time, computer for this amount, bills for this amount, shower, bed rest exercise, etc. It seems to be helping for now. Send me a message if you want, I'm online all the time and I'm also not due until May!

fishtankswimmer
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:40 PM

We all have a lot going on right now.  I am probably just feeling extra sorry for myself today.  :) Thanks for the advice!

fishtankswimmer
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:45 PM

I was talking to my mom earlier today, trying to explain how I am feeling.  She said "You better not be planning on having any more kids after this."  It really hurt my feelings.  I hate asking people for help.  I don't have someone come to my house and wait me or clean.  In fact, NO ONE comes here.  The only time I see anyone is when I go to them.  I know everyone has their own lives, but this really sucks for me.  I miss my job.  I don't like being so alone. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)