Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you making anything for the baby? include pics to show us

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:48 PM
  • 49 Replies

Are you making anything for the baby? include pics to show us

If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart!housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bugg2
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:50 PM

i made a pink and brown tie blanket for my little girl but i dont have any pics of it :(

CafeMom Tickers
Briannas_mommy1
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:53 PM

I made a Chrismas  blanket for my daughter for her 1st Christmas. An d I have stuff to make my son and daughter both blankets and hopefully going out tonight to get stuff to make a blaket for this little one, now that I have a sewing machine (hubby got me it for v-day)...lol

~Shawn~
Miscarriage Survivor 9.6.05
Mommy to...
Brianna 6.26.07
Caleb 1.13.09
Baby 8.11.10
Wife to Eric 10.31.09

tristangirl
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:02 PM

I havent made anything for my baby yet, in my family generally you dont make anything someone else makes stuff. I just made my first quilt ever for my niece that is due to be born 3 weeks before my little girl and I am so in love with it that I will make on for my baby! My mom does afghans, quilts, diaper bags, burp clothes, a patch work teddy bear, and a diaper cake all for the babies. here is the quilt I made for my niece (its a rag quilt):

nily
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Sewn and crochet blankets, clothes, booties, hats, bows, diapers sandals and more. I'm working in all of them. I plan to do the crib bedding myself  too.

Javi05Eli07
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:08 PM

I am crocheting a blanket and probably more but haven't decided on what yet.

ProudMommy51006
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Quoting tristangirl:

I havent made anything for my baby yet, in my family generally you dont make anything someone else makes stuff. I just made my first quilt ever for my niece that is due to be born 3 weeks before my little girl and I am so in love with it that I will make on for my baby! My mom does afghans, quilts, diaper bags, burp clothes, a patch work teddy bear, and a diaper cake all for the babies. here is the quilt I made for my niece (its a rag quilt):

So very cute! I love this!

abeautifulhope
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:42 PM

I painted these for my son's nursery.

tristangirl
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:43 PM

wow! I wish I could do that!

Quoting abeautifulhope:

I painted these for my son's nursery.

tristangirl
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:44 PM

Quoting ProudMommy51006:

Quoting tristangirl:

So very cute! I love this!

thanks so much! it was my first quilt ever so I was super nervous that it wasnt gonna turn out good!

Pandana
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:10 PM

I had my 2 year-old sponge paint a bunch of onsies with fun colors, the stenciled simple paisley designs and things over it. It was our little joint project for his sister  :)

I "made a Moby wrap LOL....which basically means I bought 5.5 yards of 60" wide jersey knit and cut in in half lengthwise. That's hardly "making" anything though haha.....

I personalized a cute mini-backpack for her diaper bag, and planned to make a couple of hats.

I still have so many of the basics left from my son that most of the stuff I am CAPABLE of making, I don't need  :(     Too bad, because I'd love to. I have to talk myself OUT of making stuff just because I'm bored. Like blankets. I have like 27 baby blankets from my son......Lord knows the last thing I need is to get caught up in making new ones. Someone near me needs to have a first baby so I can make one for them instead LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)