Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5-6cm dilated... and sent home!!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:39 PM
  • 10 Replies

I'm due March 14. Went in for OB check on Thurs morning and my doc saw I was 4cm dilated & contractions 2 mins apart on the monitor. I was feeling nothing!

We rushed to the hospital and put my 3 year old with her grandparents. I dilated to 5-6cm first day in hospital & effaced (cervix is thinned). Baby is down low. But then labor just stopped!

I had no contractions since Thurs afternoon. Today Sat about 11am I was sent home. Still 5-6cm dilated & effaced. They also say my water is bulging but not broken.

Since I'm not technically full term yet, they can't induce since there's no contractions/change. They can't break my water either. So now I'm just waiting... they said it could be anytime but also could be weeks!! i have to wait until water breaks or other signs labor like contractions.

This is so weird. I feel like I'm walking around with baby about to drop out any second. Anyone else going thru this or had this happen before?????!

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
orange4agua72
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:43 PM

AWWWW.... sounds frustrating and REALLY close!!!! You'll see that little one soon, they ALWAYS come when THEY want to!!! GL and keep us updated!

yummy_mommy89
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:53 PM

do squats! lol

mommy2bella
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:55 PM

I agree with this. lol. That sounds very frustrating. It sounds like your ALMOST there though. Good luck!!! :)

Quoting yummy_mommy89:

do squats! lol

CafeMom Tickers
yummy_mommy89
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:57 PM

yep. op if your that dialated maybe the squats will bring your baby down and break your water? lol

Quoting mommy2bella:

I agree with this. lol. That sounds very frustrating. It sounds like your ALMOST there though. Good luck!!! :)

Quoting yummy_mommy89:

do squats! lol

JHall
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:01 PM

OH I so know the feeling.  I went in to preterm labor 5 weeks early dorve the 2 hours to the high risk doc I was seeing, High risk cause of baby.   They stopped my labor told me I was 4cm with a buldging bag and sent me home at 2am with the  "Come back if it starts again"  or my personal favorite "If you can't make it go to the nearest hospital"  LOL  I was angry cause baby was going to be born needing to be on a vent.  Anyway we got home at 4am went to bed and I got up at 7 in labor again.  It really does feel like the baby is just going to fall out when you have that much  pressure down there.  Good luck I hope that baby comes out soon enough!!

2rays0fsun
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:15 PM

Quoting yummy_mommy89:

yep. op if your that dialated maybe the squats will bring your baby down and break your water? lol

Quoting mommy2bella:

Quoting yummy_mommy89:

do squats! lol

LOL I'm on the net now looking up ways to help things along!! I just may try squats. just don't want to make baby pop out before I can get to the hospital lol.

2rays0fsun
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Quoting JHall:

OH I so know the feeling.  I went in to preterm labor 5 weeks early dorve the 2 hours to the high risk doc I was seeing, High risk cause of baby.   They stopped my labor told me I was 4cm with a buldging bag and sent me home at 2am with the  "Come back if it starts again"  or my personal favorite "If you can't make it go to the nearest hospital"  LOL  I was angry cause baby was going to be born needing to be on a vent.  Anyway we got home at 4am went to bed and I got up at 7 in labor again.  It really does feel like the baby is just going to fall out when you have that much  pressure down there.  Good luck I hope that baby comes out soon enough!!

yeah it's really crazy. We were soo frustrated at the hospital... the doc's kept going back and forth about what to do. But being at home is definitely better than just sitting in the hospital room not even knowing how long I was gonna be there.

2rays0fsun
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Quoting orange4agua72:

AWWWW.... sounds frustrating and REALLY close!!!! You'll see that little one soon, they ALWAYS come when THEY want to!!! GL and keep us updated!

THANKS! :)

jzimenova
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:18 PM

How many weeks are you? As frustrating as it is, your baby must of decided to wait a little longer to bake and be ready to come out =) so just wait a little while more! I personally would like to go home and wait than having to wait at the hospital... way more comfortable environment and maybe it will help bring on your labor again! Good luck!

2rays0fsun
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:22 PM

Quoting jzimenova:

How many weeks are you? As frustrating as it is, your baby must of decided to wait a little longer to bake and be ready to come out =) so just wait a little while more! I personally would like to go home and wait than having to wait at the hospital... way more comfortable environment and maybe it will help bring on your labor again! Good luck!

I'm actually about 36 1/2 weeks. they said if I was 37 weeks or more they could break my water or help me out. Just shy of that so their hands are tied grr.  but yeah it is better being home :) just kinda weird!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)