Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

this pregnancy myth might be true, lets see if its really is or not!!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:03 PM
  • 53 Replies

Poll

Question: is this myth true for your kids??

Options:

I had tons of heartburn and a bald baby

I had tons of heartburn and a baby with tons of hair

I had no/or hardly any heartburn and a bald baby

I had no/or hardly any heartburn and a baby with tons of hair

other...

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 194

View Results

So I read and artical that says researchers believe that more heartburn during pregnancy means more hair on your babies head! They believe that the hormones Progesterone and estrogen are linked to hair growth and the more of these hormones going through your body during pregnancy means more heartburn!

IF you have had alot of heartburn during pregnancy did your baby come out with lots of hair or was He/She bald??

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheMillerFamily
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:05 PM

with my son I barely had heartburn and he was bald forever!! with this baby I  have constant heart burn and you can actually see her hair on the ultrasound, not sure if she has tons of it or just a little but I just want to see what you ladies have experienced!!

scaredoflabor
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:08 PM

I had zero heartburn With olivia and she had soooo much hair! But Im 10 weeks prego this time and idk about hair or not. Im not trying to offend or be racist but My baby is half mexican and I notice mexican babies tend to have alot of hair when they are born. I see alot of white babies with no hair(all 8 of my moms) polus others. I know there are other races but where I live thats about all the babies I see so idk about other babies.

ndirishgirl82
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:08 PM

I had really bad heartburn with both of pregnancies and both of them only had a little bit of hair.  I think it is just an old wives tale.