Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a question for the ladies whos water broke on there own... new question.

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:32 PM
  • 46 Replies

this is my 2nd DD and wiht my first my dr broke my water for me.. so i dont know how it feels... i lost my musac plug last night.. well i just felt a tiny tiny little gush like when AF start went to the bathroom and didnt find a thing.. so my question is... did any of you ladies exsperiance this and it be your water breaking..  im kinda freaking out a little...  tell me your experiance with your water breaking...thanks ladies...

What did the fluid look like.. like what colour??

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Megara
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:35 PM
My water broke during labor, but I had been feeling a lot of pressure, then it felt like a pop and there was a gush of fluid and the pressure completely released.
Mama2lilGarrett
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:37 PM

When my water broke I was on the toilet. I had just peed then I felt a pop and another gush.

MikeysMom51108
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:38 PM

Out of nowhere, I felt a small pop, and a small gush of water. I had just got done using the bathroom, so I really didn't think it was pee, but I smelled it just in case. It didn't have any smell, so we went to the hospital. By the time we got there, I was soaked through my pants. Sure enough, it was my water.

MissNout
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:41 PM

Quoting MikeysMom51108:

Out of nowhere, I felt a small pop, and a small gush of water. I had just got done using the bathroom, so I really didn't think it was pee, but I smelled it just in case. It didn't have any smell, so we went to the hospital. By the time we got there, I was soaked through my pants. Sure enough, it was my water

well here is the thing i was sitting on my couch.. and  my DD was moving ALOT and then i just felt the tiniest little gush..

happyVTmommy20
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:43 PM

I think you would know if it was your water. My water broke on its own while in the hospital bed and the nurse had to keep changing the pad below me. There was a good amount and then it kept randomly gushing out for hours afterwards.

Double.L
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:44 PM

My water broke with my third. I was in admissions having painful but manageable contractions, they told me they were admitting me but It would be a few hours because I was only 6 centimeters.... and once I got settled in I could get my epidural.   About 2 minutes later my water broke (it feels like a huge gush).  The pain instantly got excruciating.  It was so painful that I started screaming, cussing and sort of blacking out...lol. Every one was running, the doctor was yelling for gloves, the nurses were yelling at me not to push, my husband was crying and yelling at them to help me, I almost fell off the gurney thing and my son came out in the hallway.    :)

He's my star....and I'm his sky....

kltaylor07
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:47 PM

I was pretty positive that it was my water when it broke because it was a gush.  I was wearing pants though, so I'm not entirely sure how much gushed out but it was like I was standing there and the next second I was soaked through.  My water continued to leak out for a while after that one big gush though.  I know some women have smaller gushes happen though and not at all at once, so I'd wait to see if anything more comes soon then go in to have it tested. 

MissNout

Quoting Double.L:

My water broke with my third. I was in admissions having painful but manageable contractions, they told me they were admitting me but It would be a few hours because I was only 6 centimeters.... and once I got settled in I could get my epidural.   About 2 minutes later my water broke (it feels like a huge gush).  The pain instantly got excruciating.  It was so painful that I started screaming, cussing and sort of blacking out...lol. Every one was running, the doctor was yelling for gloves, the nurses were yelling at me not to push, my husband was crying and yelling at them to help me, I almost fell off the gurney thing and my son came out in the hallway.    :)

WOW that is crazy.... so you didnt even get to get your epidural.. do you have other kids you had epi's with?? if so.. was the epi birth better or worse??

BigMamaHeidi

My water broke as I was walking into the hospital for a scheduled c-section at 39 weeks. I had been having pressure, then it felt like I peed myself (only I know I didnt). When they hooked me up to the fetal monitors prior to the procedure, I was having contractions, though they werent that strong. Seems baby Karen was going to come out February 8th whether we planned it or not.

mommy2xp
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:48 PM

i was in the bath tub having contractions heard a pop felt the water move past my leg

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)