Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

YAY! BabyShower Help?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:54 PM
  • 10 Replies

So I do get a baby shower! Im super happy. But me and my mom have NO idea what to plan for it. We dont have much time we are doing it on March 13th. Can you ladies give me any cool game ideas or anything like that? Things that people do at baby showers? We have never been to one and really have no clue lol.

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
annaviaclovsky
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:58 PM

At my baby shower we are having a few games:

the clothes pin game, where everybody starts out with 2 clothes pins and if you cross you legs and somebody sees it they take one from you...

the paper palte game, where everybody has to draw on a paper plate what they think the baby will look like, along with weight, gender (if you dont know)

the toilet paper squres, where everybody guesses how many squres of toilet paper you belly is

you can also do baby shower bingo

a typical baby shower is between 2 and 3 hours so by the time you eat and open the baby gifts you wont have too much time left to fill!!!

momma4vr
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:17 PM
im having mine march 7th and i want to play who sux the best lol its when each girl has a baby bottle ($1 store ones) and its filled with a drink (whatever u want) and u have 60 seconds to drink as much as u can thru the bottle.
annaviaclovsky
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:21 PM

I am definately going to have to try this one at my shower (its march 28th!!!)

Quoting momma4vr:

im having mine march 7th and i want to play who sux the best lol its when each girl has a baby bottle ($1 store ones) and its filled with a drink (whatever u want) and u have 60 seconds to drink as much as u can thru the bottle.

StefaniJerkface
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:25 PM

That sounds like fun lol. Im doing some research on baby shower games and some of these sound either way to nauseating or just plain boring. but the sucking game sound like itd be pretty fun and probably worth alot of laughs lol

cocorosey
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:26 PM

I always see the toilet paper square one - it is a classic and fun.

My sister did a game for mine in which she melted down candy bars (reeses, herseys, york peppermint patty, etc...) and put them in a diaper and everybody was supposed to sniff the diaper and write down which candy bar they thought was in the diaper.  I think she did 6 diapers or so.  That was a hoot and a great photo opportunity.

I have also seen a "guess the baby food flavor" in which they take the labels off of the jars of baby food, number them, and give people a list of the flavors and they are supposed to guess which jar is which flavor.

Good luck & have fun!

Have fun and enjoy your shower.

kim208
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:26 PM

You can hang a clothes line or just yarn or something, you hang a bunch of baby items from it ( onsie, bib, sock, bottle, wash cloth, nursing pad etc) have it set up as people come in so they think it jsut decor but them remove items throughout the party near the end all the items should be removed and you have the people try to recall wha twas hanging up.

kim208
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:31 PM

I was at one the day and we were all given play dough and had to mold a baby out of it in a acertain time frame.

A gross one ( i not fond of it) puting differnt melted candy bars in diaper to look like poop and having people guess what baby ate.

guessing baby food, take the label off and mark them so you know and then pass them around and guess what flavor it is- you can always save them and use for your LO later.

If you are invited close friendds and family only or people your are comfortable with a belly mold - your friends make a mold of your belly and you get to keep it.

ginnyk87
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:31 PM

this really isnt a game, but it will help you out big time.  Tell all of your guests to bring a pack of diapers with them.  Whoever brings diapers enter them into a drawing to win a gift card of some kind. I am doing this at my shower.  A girl I know didnt have to buy diapers for months because so many people wanted to be in the drawing.

CafeMom Tickers
rebel_mommy09
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:43 PM

at mine we had tons of food ( little snacky type things that i craved), and we played a few games. At party city they have these scratch offs that out of each pack there is a winner, and they have these pads that on one side is a cross word and the other side is a word scramble. then we did presents and cake. you can google and look up games to play

StefaniJerkface
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:45 PM

O wow the diaper idea sounds really good.

As far as the candybar in the diaper game? I dont think my stomache can handle something like that lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)