Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

questiuon about prematurity(sp?)

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:15 PM
  • 21 Replies

if your baby was born prematurely(before 37 weeks) when were they born, and did they need to be hooked up to monitors?

has anyone ever had a baby born before 37 weeks and they didnt need to be hooked up to monitors?

First time mommy due April 6, 2010

Fuzzi Bunz at Nurtured Family

pregnancy calendar

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goodson_2008
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:17 PM

My son was born at 35 weeks and he was fine no monitors just some oxgyen.....

Quoting swesolek6:

if your baby was born prematurely(before 37 weeks) when were they born, and did they need to be hooked up to monitors?

has anyone ever had a baby born before 37 weeks and they didnt need to be hooked up to monitors?

apoe
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:21 PM

my oldest son was born at 27 weeks. he had a lot of monitors and wires everywhere and for everything you can think of.

MamaCeleste0722
by Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:22 PM

My twins were born at 34w2d. They were hooked up to monitors for O2 saturation and probably a heart monitor (I don't recall). They were also put under an O2 hood..

she29
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:24 PM

My first child was born at 31 weeks and was hooked up to oxygen and heart monitors also had a feeding tube.

My second was born at 33 weeks by emergency csection and she did fine no monitors nothing.

My third was born at 34 weeks and did well too.

My fourth was born at 35 weeks and did well.

My fifth was born at 32 weeks and did not make it.

The point is every birth and every baby is different. I wish you all the best :)

{Sheila} angel

nates_wifey623
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:25 PM

my son was born at 35 weeks and he was on alot of wires and monitors he was in the NICU for 12 days

swesolek6
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:26 PM

wow all your babies were born premature!im sorry about your fifth though=[[

Quoting she29:

My first child was born at 31 weeks and was hooked up to oxygen and heart monitors also had a feeding tube.

My second was born at 33 weeks by emergency csection and she did fine no monitors nothing.

My third was born at 34 weeks and did well too.

My fourth was born at 35 weeks and did well.

My fifth was born at 32 weeks and did not make it.

The point is every birth and every baby is different. I wish you all the best :)

pregnancy calendar

AJsMommy1105
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:28 PM

My son was born at 36 weeks and was fine. No NICU no wires or monitors. However this little one is trying to come way to early. I am only 32 weeks as of tomorrow, and am already dilated and effacing, not to mention he is engaged and I have lost my bloody show. So I am really worried about this one.

swesolek6
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:32 PM

awe, im sorry! good luck and ill say a prayer that he stays in there for a while longer!

Quoting AJsMommy1105:

My son was born at 36 weeks and was fine. No NICU no wires or monitors. However this little one is trying to come way to early. I am only 32 weeks as of tomorrow, and am already dilated and effacing, not to mention he is engaged and I have lost my bloody show. So I am really worried about this one.

pregnancy calendar

Austinsmommy126
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:33 PM

My son was a 36 weeker and he was healthy as can be. 

My4Marvels
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:33 PM

my 3rd son was born at 36 weeks and he was having breathing problems and had to be hooked up to a bunch of different stuff, my 4th son was 36 weeks and i had steriod shots with him b4 hand so i think that helped him alot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)