Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Irritated cervix or mucous plug loss?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:47 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hey mommas,

Im 35 weeks pregnant & went in to L&D last night with contractions 5 minutes and less apart. Ive been losing my plug over a week now but it hasnt had any blood in it. When I went in last night the nurse checked me and since then I hadnt had any spotting until a couple minutes ago.  I used the restroom & had a blood tinged mucousy discharge, would you say that is my cervix possibly irritated or am I really losing my plug? This is my third child I never noticed having a bloody show with my first two. I am still having my contractions. Just wondering what you mommas think? =)

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Viperkaylin
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:49 PM

What did they say you were at when you went in? Just curious! I have never lost my plug so I have no idea what it might look like, but I know that it can be clear mucousy looking instead of tinged with red. Since you went in and got checked it's hard to know if it was because of the check or if it's your plug. Are your contractions getting closer or more intense?

misschristine_b
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:50 PM

sounds like your plug

Ilovemybbgrl
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:51 PM

Ive only noticed my plug clear, and tonight it was actually tinged with blood, but since I was checked last night I didnt have spotting or any blood on the tissue when id whipe (sorry tmi) my contractions are the same. Not getting closer, just uncomfortable. I get the intense pressure, my contractions actually dont begin to hurt me until im 7cm or more!

Ilovemybbgrl
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 1:06 AM

bump

ready_for2
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 1:08 AM

i lost my mucous plug over the course of a few days. it wasnt bloody. i still didnt go into labor and ended up induced at 3 days late. i forget what week i lost my plug, but i know it was a few weeks before my due date.

but the 'bloody show' usually happens right before or during labor....so idk about the blood?? i hope you're not in labor yet!! good luck!

Ilovemybbgrl
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 9:27 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)