Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

lots of pressure and now pain

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:17 PM
  • 7 Replies

i'm 38 weeks pregnant...and of course am having alot of pressure...but this evening i have had a constant sharp pain across my abdomen...and it is worse when i stand up...and horrible when i walk...it is much more intense the joint ligament pains and hasn't gone away....i don't know what it is...or if i should call my ob or not....

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
twobeautys
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:19 PM

call your ob. the difference between real labor and false labor is that real labor gets worse when you stand and walk and gets easier when you sit down and relax

mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:23 PM

i would call

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               its a boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Baby boy due June 2, 2010

yummy_mommy89
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:24 PM

i would call it sounds like contractions..is it coming and going??

lauratupper
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:31 PM

not really it has been constant for almost an hour now and like i said is worse when i stand up

Quoting yummy_mommy89:

i would call it sounds like contractions..is it coming and going??

My4Marvels
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:33 PM

I don't think its contractions, maybe the baby is in a bad position right now, give it a little while and if it doesn't go away call ur ob.

SaRaHBeTh249
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:36 PM

could be gas, but  this close to birth, I would get a second opinion, like the hospital or something.

SaRaHBeTh249
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:37 PM

Or if you just aren't sure try walking and drinking water, if it is labor, it will get worse, I have been brought to my knees with contractions with walking and water. lol third birth...:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)