Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it bad....?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:20 PM
  • 11 Replies

Im 31 almost 32 weeks pregnant and have yet to experience any braxton hicks. Is this bad? Ive read on most of the baby sites and in most of the baby books that I should have atleast experienced it once or twice by now. But nothing. Should i be worried?

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BellaBlondie
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:22 PM

I don't remember having them with my first, probably because I didn't realize THAT is what they were, KWIM. 

geminishadow79
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:23 PM

no I don't think so.  I didn't have any braxton hicks with my four year old, and I didn't have them with my 1 month old until about 36 weeks

expectingmomof3

Some people don't notice them! It's not a bad thing, just means you are getting freaked out over false alarms!!LOL

Jess_9-22-08

I agree, you've probably been having them but not feeling them.

SaRaHBeTh249
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:24 PM

Some woman never feel them. You are ok! With the birth of my second child I had so many braxton hicks, but when it came time for labor I was in labor for most of the night and all day before a sinking feeling came over me and when I cried to the nurses at the hospital that something was wrong, they said count your contractions, I said I am not having any, they said come in, I went in and was dialated a four without even knowing! Your body will handle labor like a pro. You will be ok. Some women have back labor, (back pains) you might just be in that column! Good Luck!

lilyofthesummer
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:25 PM

I'm on my 3rd pregnancy and I didn't feel them with either one of my first two pregnancies...I wouldn't worry...it's probably better anyways then you won't doubt yourself and think that they are the real ones...a lot of women think they are real!

StefaniJerkface
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Whew. Thanks ladies. I wasnt sure if i should be concerned or not. But your posts made me feel alot better about it. I dont want to be in pain by any means so im really happy im not having to be right now. =D

shash1
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:31 PM

I wouldnt worry. They could be so minimal that u dont even realize them. I dont remember ever having them but it doesnt hurt to ask ur doc

My4Marvels
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:31 PM

i never experienced the braxton hicks with my 1st until i was around 36 weeks and that b/c i wasn't sure what i was experiencing. I wouldn't worry maybe ur body isn't ready for it just yet.

doulala
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 1:39 AM

I agree that it's likely you are having tem (or will be soon) and not noticing.

;-)

This is your first baby, right?
(After the first, many moms tend to notice things bigger/earlier...)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)